Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Hello,

I am currently evaluating SpireOffice for .NET.

My first test is to save to PDF a collection of test documents containing WordArt, tables with fill patterns, pages with borders from some older versions of Office (97, 2013, etc.), as well as SmartArt and Charts from Word 2016.

In the resulting PDF files, a lot of the WordArt kept the words but the effects and fills were wrong in the resulting PDF, and some of the Word art was completely wrong. Some table fill patterns were missing and the page borders never appear in the final PDF. The SmartArt from Word 2016 also never appeared at all, I just had empty blank pages with the eval watermark for that file.

To see if it was the PDF saving or the Word interpretation, I also tested printing my documents using Spire.Doc; the print results were similar to what I was seeing when I opened these documents in the PDF Viewer demo. The demo viewer had slightly better results but a lot of it was still incorrect.

Does SpireOffice support Word Art/Smart Art??

I can send you the test documents if you need.

Thanks,

Sheri

SheriSteeves

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:15 am

Dear Sheri,

Thanks for your inquiry.
1. SmartArt, WordArt and Chart
Sorry our Spire.Doc doesn't support SmartArt and Chart, also the effect and fills of WordArt is not supported at present. We will consider adding them as new features into our upgrade list. If they can be achieved in the future, we will let you know. And during testing the WordArt, I only noticed the effects and fills missing phenomenon but didn't encounter the "some of the WordArt was completely wrong" issue you mentioned. Please share us with your testing Word document showing the issue.
2. "Some table fill patterns were missing" and "page borders never appear in the final PDF"
After an initial test with the latest Spire.Office Platinum (DLL Only) Version:2.16.27, I was unable to find the page border and table issues, please provide your sample documents to help us reproduce the two issues at our end.
BTW, you could send above required documents to us via email support@e-iceblue.com

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Hello Nina,

I am using the latest version of Spire.Office (2.16.27); I downloaded the zip and extracted the updated DLLs into the \Bin folder. The dll versions I am testing against are Spire.Doc.dll (5.9.23) and Spire.Pdf.dll (3.9.130).

I will zip up my test documents, the PDF's that I get, and sent them to your support e-mail, along with a description.

Sheri

SheriSteeves

Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Nina,

I just noticed that when I extracted the update 2.16.27, I extracted it to the wrong location. My original tests were with the older versions.

I updated the \Bin folder correctly and retested against are Spire.Doc.dll (6.2.2.4040) and Spire.Pdf.dll (4.2.4.3040). I could see some improvements in the Word Art but the resulting PDF files were still incorrect.

I have sent you my sample documents to your support e-mail.

Sheri

SheriSteeves

Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:00 am

Dear Sheri.

Thanks for your sharing.
1. I noticed the issue that some Word Arts are completely wrong.
2. The page border is set with Art style, sorry it is not supported at present. We will consider adding it as a new feature into our upgrade list. Also, I noticed the fill of the table cell (2,0) was missing with your sample file, and posted it to our dev team for a fix.
3. Sorry the transparent effect of WordArt is also not supported at present.
I have to tell you that your issues (including Chart, SmartArt, WordArt, Art page border) are huge projects, and they can’t be implemented in a short time. If there is any significant progress in the future, we will let you know at once. Sorry for all inconveniences caused.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Tue May 16, 2023 6:31 am

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I'm glad to inform you that our Spire.Doc now supports the feature of converting Word documents containing charts and SmartArt to PDF documents. Please feel free to download and test Spire.Doc Pack Version:11.5.6.
Our website link:https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html
NuGet link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/11.5.6

Sample code is as follows:
Code: Select all
Document doc = new Document();
doc.LoadFromFile("sample.docx");
doc.SaveToFile("sample.pdf", Spire.Doc.FileFormat.PDF);

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc