Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:05 am

I can't print anymore with my stable application.
In order to understand where the issue is, I installed VS 2017 and tried the following minimal application:

Public Class Form1
Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
PrintTest()
End Sub

Sub PrintTest()
Dim doc As New Document()

Dim printDoc As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument
printDoc = doc.PrintDocument
printDoc.PrinterSettings.PrinterName = "PRINTER10"
Try
printDoc.Print()
Catch
End Try
printDoc.Dispose()
End Sub
End Class

It seems like the doc object (document in spire.doc) hasn't got anymore the PrintDocument property (it's highlighted by VS sintax checker). In fact the demos aren't working...
Could you please help me?
Thank you so much!
PG

germano.pierluigi@gmail.com

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:10 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
From your description, you might be using our Free Spire.Doc which has that limitation. Please upgrade your dlls to the latest commercial version(Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:6.0.41) which works well.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 am

I saw the tutorial and thare wasn't that limitation. Add to this that it all worked till yesterday... as you can see from the attachment.
I read and agreed the limitations but I really can't explain this.

Sincerely
PG

germano.pierluigi@gmail.com

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:03 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
Our Free Spire.Doc doesn't support the functionality of printing. If you could print yesterday, you must use our commercial version yesterday and replaced it with free version today. Please check and tell us the version of dlls you are using now.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Jane.Bari wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your response.
Our Free Spire.Doc doesn't support the functionality of printing. If you could print yesterday, you must use our commercial version yesterday and replaced it with free version today. Please check and tell us the version of dlls you are using now.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware of this.
Last edited by Durias on Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Durias

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:09 am

Hello Durias,

Thanks for your post.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello,
can you please tell about this limitation on your Free Spire.Doc overview? Because you say there, that even with free version we can generate, read, write, save, print and convert documents.

f00bar

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:32 am

Hi f00bar,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The free Spire.Doc has a general limitation to 500 paragraphs and 25 tables when loading and creating a Word document and a limitation to 3 pages when converting Word documents to PDF and XPS files, and it doesn't support printing function.
Note we don't have a plan to update free version, the new features and hotfixes will only included in commercial version. If there is any question, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely,
Hogan
E-iceblue support team

hogan.tang

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:33 am

Hello,
thanks for reply. I know about limitations you just named, but Jane.Bai in this thread said, that we can't print in free version. But on your Free Spire.Doc overview /Introduce/free-doc-component.html (I can't post whole URL) you said that with free version we can: "Developers can use it to generate, read, write, save, print and convert documents on any .NET applications."

f00bar

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:47 am

Dear f00bar,

Thanks for your feedback.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the introduction on our website. We have changed the wrong information. If you want to use printing function, please download our commercial version.
Sincerely,
Hogan
E-iceblue support team

hogan.tang

Return to Spire.Doc