Spire.PDFViewer is a powerful PDF Viewer component for .NET. It allows developers to load PDF document from stream, file and byte array.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:37 pm

I am using the free version of PDFDocumentViewer and when I run the demo for printing a document the first page is always blank. I also get the same results in my program. I can load and view the document which is only a single page but when I print it all I get is a blank sheet of paper.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

As a second question what is the difference between PDFViewer and PDFDocumentViewer?

Richard

RStratton

Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:42 am

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please try Spire.PDFViewer Pack(Hotfix) Version:2.7.4. If the issue still exists, please provide us with your pdf file.

PDFViewer control has more functions than PDFDocumentViewer control, as shown in attachment.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Thank you Amy! After downloading the hotfix and using those files my problem went away!!!
I'm not sure if this forum has a "Resolved" protocal but the issue is resolved. Thanks again.

Richard

RStratton

Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Hello Amy. I spoke too soon! As I indicated in my original post I am using the free version of pdfdocumentviewer. After installing the hot fix as you suggested it did fix the printing issue however I am now getting the "Evaluation" message. Other than purchasing a liscence what do you suggest I do to get rid of that message?

Best regards
Richard

RStratton

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Hello Amy. Just checking to see if you got my last post indicating that there is still an issue.

RStratton

Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:17 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delay response as the weekends here.
Spire.PDFViewer Pack(Hotfix) Version:2.7.4 is commercial version. Yes, you need to purchase a liscence to get rid of that message.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:08 am

Hi Amy.
Yes I realize that in order to get rid of that message I woulkd have to purchase a license.

My question still remains; how do I solve the issue of the first page not printing. As I mentioned in my original post this not only happens with my pdf documents but also in the demos that you provide.

It is hard for me to be confident that your paid versions will work when your free (and supposadly intro to the purchased versions) do not.

Richard

RStratton

Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:24 am

Hi Richard,

Sorry, we only maintain our free product when we have enough time due to other priority issues in commercial version, so the update of free version is slow. And because of this, we recommend you to use our commercial version of Spire.PDF which we give high priority of bug solutions and frequently version updates.

We can provide you 1-month free license to remove the warning message and have a better evalution on our products. The license file has been sent to your e-mail, please check it.

You mentioned previous that Spire.PDFViewer Pack(Hotfix) Version:2.7.4 resolved your issue.
by RStratton » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:57 pm
Thank you Amy! After downloading the hotfix and using those files my problem went away!!!
I'm not sure if this forum has a "Resolved" protocal but the issue is resolved. Thanks again.

Richard

Please apply the license file for Spire.PDFViewer Pack(Hotfix) Version:2.7.4, hope you have good evalution.

Welcome to write to us again if you have any problems. We are here to help you.

Have a nice day.
Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Thank you for your reply and the free one month license. I have always intended to purchase the commercial version but was waiting until my project is ready to role out to my customer. The quote below is from your last post and is very true but if you read my post that followed the one you quoted you would have seen that I retracted the fact that the issue was solved.
Richard

You mentioned previous that Spire.PDFViewer Pack(Hotfix) Version:2.7.4 resolved your issue.
by RStratton » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Richard

RStratton

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:00 am

Hi Richard,

Sorry for my misunderstand. To help us recreate the issue, would you please provide us with your pdf document?
It is very difficult to resolve it if we cannot recreate it on our side.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:32 pm

I am getting the same problem when I print as well... we don't need to send you our PDFs because the same thing happens with the PDF files that you send with the demo programs that are included with the installation.

jmarciniak

Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:29 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please use the commercial version(http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/downl ... t-now.html), in which the issue has been resolved.
If there are any issues, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:21 am

Hello,

Have you tried the commercial version? Has the issue been resolved?

Thanks,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:33 pm

People! I started this thread a long time ago and to any of you that are interested tje issue in the FREE version has NOT been resolved!

I ended up purchasing the COMMERCIAL version which I'm sure E-Iceblue wanted us all to do in the first place and so far I have not had any issues with it.

Seems a shame as all I ever want to view and print are single page documents but that's life!

Let's concider this issue RESOLVED as far as it is going to be. I was contacted by at least three people from sales and they all said the same thing. "Buy the commercial version because we have no idea when the issue might be resolved in the free version"

Richard

RStratton

Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:54 am

Hi Richard,

The issue has been added into our schedule for Free Edition. Next version of Free Spire.PDFViewer will resolve the issue.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.PDFViewer