Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:05 pm

Hi,

I need to create postscript files from PDF documents. I need the Postscript files to contain a printer specific selection of the paper source (Tray 1, Tray 2... etc). I've noticed that Spire.PDF will save a file to disk as a PostScript fine and that there is a /MediaPosition setting in the saved file. However, I have not been able to save a /MediaPosition value other that 0. How should this be done?

I am using Spire.PDF 6.1.8 and C#.

FlightyDeveloper

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:55 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Kindly note that our Spire.Pdf follows the PDF standard. Modifying the /MediaPosition value inside the PostScript file doesn’t belong to the features of our Spire.Pdf. Sorry there is no way to achieve it.
As for including the print information such as paper source (Tray 1, Tray 2... etc) in Postscript file after converting PDF. At present, it is not available in our product. We will consider adding the feature into our further upgrade list, if it is achieved in the future, I will inform you.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.PDF