Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu May 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Our initial testing shows that this last issue is resolved. We are still testing and will let you know if we run into any other issues.

Thanks!

gregchak

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:16 pm

We have found one more issue. When rendering, the spacing in certain documents becomes increased in distinctive areas. I have attached the source document and the Spire-rendered PDF so you can see. In the attached PDF document, look at the first paragraph. You can see that the beginnings of the lines are spaced very unevenly. In the source word document it is spaced evenly with left justification.

In addition the tabs can be off too. I don't have an example to include, but, for instance, a FROM: line where the person is tabbed over 2 tabs. The entire FROM: line is tabbed rather than just the person's name.

Please let me know if you need any additional information to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

greg
Last edited by gregchak on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregchak

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 am

Hello greg,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The issue has been reproduced, which has been transferred to our Dev team, once there are any response from them, I will get it back to you ASAP, sorry for inconvenience. Now you could try another solution to set the style of the first paragraph in your .docm file. Please follow the below steps.
1. Set the left indentation of the paragraph to 0cm, attached a screenshot.
2. Delete all tabs in the paragraph
Please test the solution above with Spire.Doc Pack Version:4.9.6 (http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html).

If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:45 pm

Updating the format of the document DID resolve our issue with version 4.9.0. There was no reason why our template had/needed an indentatino of -0.22". Once we cleared that everything worked correctly.

gregchak

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 pm

We have run into a similar issue with formatting, spacing and indentations. The attached zip is a .docm source file and its PDF rendering. If you look at the footer, the formatting is messed up. There is some special formatting applied to the footer to make it look the way it does in the .docm file so that cannot be changed like the other one; unless you know of a different way to achieve the same formatting.

Please take a look and let me know if you need me to provide any additional information.

-greg

gregchak

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:30 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The issue has been reproduced, which has been transferred to our Dev team, sorry for inconvenience. Once there are any progress from them, I will get it back to you ASAP.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:23 am

Hello,

The issue has been resolved, and our test team is testing, once it works fine, we will release a new hotfix. Once it is released,
I will inform you immediately.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks Gary. I look forward to the hotfix.

gregchak

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:19 am

Hello,

Thanks for your waiting.
The new version of Spire.Doc has been released, please download and test Spire.Doc Pack (Hot Fix) Version:4.9.13
(http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now/spiredoc-pack-hotfix-4-9-13.html).
If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Sorry for the delayed response. The recent update to version 4.9.13 has resolved the footer issue in our PDF renderings. We are continuing to test, but so far all tests have been successful. Thank you again for being so attentive to our needs.

amy.zhao wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your waiting.
The new version of Spire.Doc has been released, please download and test Spire.Doc Pack (Hot Fix) Version:4.9.13
(http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now/spiredoc-pack-hotfix-4-9-13.html).
If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

gregchak

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:31 pm

We have found another PDF rendering error. This one shows itself as a runtime error. From what I can tell it has something to do with the existing format of the .docm file. I've narrowed it down to a smaller portion of the document. Unfortunately I cannot send you the original .docm file, but I have attached a redacted PDF version of the document. The text that is redacted is all letters, numbers or the U.S dollar sign ($). No other special characters are shown. As you can see in the document, the bullet list is using a dash.

The error occurs when calling the .SaveToStream(stream, FileFormat.PDF) method.

I have also attached the exception trace and a screenshot from visual studio. Please let me know if I can provide any further detailed information to assist in the troubleshooting process.

Thanks.

gregchak

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:09 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry that we couldn't reproduce the issue, could you please provide us one docm document which can help us reproduce the issue instead of original .docm file? And we will work out the solution for you ASAP.

Thanks,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:31 pm

I was able to replace the content of the document with nonsense text and still have it break. Attached is a file that reproduces the error we are experiencing.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Spire.Doc.Fields.Field.Spire.Doc.Layout.IDocumentBase.Draw(sprῂ dc, spr᳉ ltWidget)
at spr᳉.ᜀ(sprῂ A_0)
at spr᳉.ᜀ(sprῂ A_0)
at spr᳉.ᜀ(sprῂ A_0)
at spr᳉.ᜀ(sprῂ A_0)
at spr᳉.ᜀ(sprῂ A_0)
at spr᳉.ᜀ(sprῂ A_0)
at spr᳉.ᜀ(sprῂ A_0)
at spr᳉.ᜀ(sprῂ A_0)
at spr᝽.ᜀ(sprῂ A_0)
at sprᰠ.ᜀ(Int32 A_0, Int32 A_1, ImageType A_2, MemoryStream A_3, Boolean A_4, Boolean A_5, Boolean A_6)
at spr᦮.ᜀ(sprᰠ A_0)
at spr᦮.ᜀ(Document A_0)
at Spire.Doc.Document.ᜀ(Stream A_0)
at Spire.Doc.Document.SaveToFile(Stream stream, FileFormat fileFormat)
at Spire.Doc.Document.SaveToStream(Stream stream, FileFormat fileFormat)

gregchak

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:43 am

Thanks for your information.
The issue has been reproduced, which has been transferred to our Dev team, once there are any progress from them, we will get it back to you ASAP. Sorry for inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi Gary.

Can you tell me if there is a specific formatting within the Word document that is causing this error?

Thanks!

gregchak

Return to Spire.Doc