Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi,

I got a document which has several Merge Fields in TextBoxes (contained in ShapeObject.AutoShapeTextCollection) and none of them are "found" by Spire.Doc. The TextBoxes aren't showing up in the Document.TextBoxes collection either, however I can find them by QuickWatch'ing to the ShapeObject (through Document->Sections->Paragraphs->Items) and then expanding the private collection AutoShapeTextCollection.

Sometimes when QuickWatching the Document the Fields property is updated with the correct Merge Fields, but I haven't found the actual reason for that yet.

Is there any way to automate the detection of this kind of Merge Field?

Best regards

Ignis

IgnisdivineAndersson

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:04 pm

I converted the template document to a dotx and now only usual issue of wrongs Z-order of the textboxes remains.

IgnisdivineAndersson

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:14 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sorry for inconvenience. Please provide us the template document to help us reproduce the issue so that we could work out the solution for you ASAP.

If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Thanks,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:38 am

There are two original documents we're having problems with and the .dotx-saved version of one of them.

The .doc-files have the Z-order of the textboxes (shapeobjects) changed, after mail merge, causing lines to be cut by textboxes in front of them.

The .doc-files have only the Dummy merge field detected, while the .dotx-file has all merge fields detected correctly.

The attached .dotx file will throw an exception on load (see the screenshot), and the watermark in the background disappears after mail merge. It hadn't thrown an exception until after I had edited the sizes of some textboxes using Word 2010.

After mail merge, all shapes except the ones on the first page disappears.

IgnisdivineAndersson

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:36 am

Dear Jonas,

Thank you for providing us more information.
We have reproduced all your issues and posted them to our dev team. Sorry for the inconvenience again.
My dev colleagues will do some researches and fix them. Once there is any update,we will tell you.

Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:25 am

Dear Jonas,

Thanks for your waiting.
This issue has been fixed by our dev team. Our test team is testing the new version. Once the new version is ok, we will release it and tell you.

Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:31 am

Hello Jonas,

The issue has been resolved, and the new version of spire.doc has been released, please download and test Spire.Doc Pack Version:4.9.6 from http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:34 am

Hello Jonas,

Have you tested the new version of spire.doc ? Has the issue been resolved? Could you please give us some feedback if convenience?

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:18 am

Hi, it will take a couple of weeks to try out the changes now with summer and all. I will get back as soon as I can.

IgnisdivineAndersson

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:51 am

I've tested with the latest hotfix; the mergefields are recognized and filled, and the crash is gone.

However, the shapes still have jumbled Z-order on every page past the first.

IgnisdivineAndersson

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:26 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please send us your result documents, to help us better know the issue?
And would you please share us some code you are working? To help us reproduce your issue soon.

Thanks & Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:07 am

Hello,

Do you still have the issue that the shapes still have jumbled Z-order on every page past the first?
We still don't reproduce the issue in our side. Could you please send us your result documents and share us some code you are working? We need them to do a research. So that we can reproduce and resolve soon it.

Thanks &Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc