Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:18 am

Despite a stackoverflow was fixed in 4.4.16, I am getting another one which prevents my dump. It is a regular doc file and can be openned by word. Since the data is confidential, who should I post the file which causes the error?

felix_nukem

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 am

Dear felix_nukem,

Thanks for your inquiry.
We are so sorry for this inconvenience caused by us.
This problem is too strange to find the reason without other information. Would you please provide us:
1. the error produced in where, loading doc file or saving or converting
2. doc file format, Word97-2003 or Word2007 or Word2010
3. throw exception information
And then we will try to reproduce your problem and fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 am

1. Document comes from DB in a binary form. The code which loads it as follows:
using (MemoryStream memoryStream = new MemoryStream(binaryData, false))
{
try
{
Spire.Doc.Document document = new Spire.Doc.Document(memoryStream, FileFormat.Doc); //Stackoverflow exception is thrown here.
result = document.GetText();
document.Close();
}
catch ...
finally
{
memoryStream.Close();
}
}
2. There is no exception information. Since it is a stackoverflow exception by runtime, process completely terminates despite its catch block.
3. The stackoverflow exception cannot be cought by runtime. I have [SecurityCritical, HandleProcessCorruptedStateExceptions] attributes on top of the method. So it catches access violation exception, but not stackoverflow.

However I have the doc file which triggers this behavior. I cannot post it in the forums, it contains personal user data. I can mail this document to your support team, but I don't know who/where to mail. Can you assist?

felix_nukem

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 am

Dear felix_nukem,

Our mailbox address is support@e-iceblue.com, please send us your document file.

Thanks and Regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:05 am

I e-mailed it to you. I'm looking forward for your investigation about this issue, whole project is awaiting for this ^-^

felix_nukem

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:53 am

Dear Ünsal,

We are sorry that inconvenience caused by us.
We have reproduced your problem, the bug has been fixed now, we will add the fix into next version of spire.doc. Once the version has been released, we will inform you immediately.

Thanks and Regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:54 am

Thanks for your support,

I'm looking forward for your next release. I really hoped to get a beta fix in-between two releases :(
The situation here is really urgent.

felix_nukem

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:27 am

When will the fixed version be released? Does it have an ETA? Project is still waiting for this.

felix_nukem

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:01 am

Dear felix_nukem,

Sorry for the delay.
Please download the quick fix dlls from the url http://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/hot_fix/spire.doc_hotfix_4.4.29.zip and take a try.

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Thanks and Regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc