Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:08 pm

I have an app that allows users to highlight/select on an image version of documents. Once the marks are made, I have x/y coordinates. I now need to open the original documents and make changes based on the x/y coordinates.

Thanks for the help,
Rick

RickLeinecker

Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:24 am

Hi RickLeinecker,

We dont understand the function which you want. I do a demo that is insert a pictrue to the absolute position. Please check the attachment. Hope it can help you.

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us.

Best wishes.
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi, thanks for this.

Here is what I am doing.

1. I use Spire.Doc to convert a .docx to a .PNG

2. The user interacts with the PNG through a silverlight app. The user can highlight text blocks and specify that the block needs to be deleted or changed to alternate text

3. The based on the user markup, I need to create a web service that alters the original .docx and resaves to a new file. Following are the functions that I would like to develop:

DeleteBlock( int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2 );

InsertText( int x, int y, string strTextToInsert );

ChangeText( int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2, strTextToChangeTo );

Thanks for your help.

RickLeinecker

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:23 pm

On other thing that would be helpful in another case is being able to select (highlight) text based on a starting row/col and an ending row/col. Maybe line/character is a better way to refer to it.

Thanks again for the help.

RickLeinecker

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:24 am

Also, a couple of more questions.

If you have a paragraph number, starting character position, and ending character position, how can you:
1. delete text
2. change text
3. Insert text

Thanks again,
Rick

RickLeinecker

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 am

Hi RickLeinecker,

I am so sorry that we have not achieved the functions which change or delete or insert text and paragraph based on the x/y coordinates at present.

Best wishes.
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc