Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi,

Our software provides users with the option to create Word templates that can be merged and emailed/printed.

The templates are created using MS Word, and we either use MS Word or Spire within a Windows Service to merge the document. Word is not a great solution on the server since it tends to pop up dialogue boxes, so we opted for Spire. However Spire is currently losing / changing formatting, causing us much pain.

I have attached an example of such a word template, and the resulting merged document returned from Spire in rtf format. You will notice that the heading 'Gold Retired – membership package' on the template uses the font 'Arial', whereas the font changes to 'calibri' after running through Spire. The 'Yours sincerely' at the bottom also changes to calibri instead of Arial as per the template. If I come across other examples then I will send them through, but the font change issue is a common one that we're experiencing.

This is very urgent for us so hopefully is something that can be patched soon? Also, if there are any workarounds / things to avoid in templates for the immediate term that we could be made aware of then this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Protech

protech

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:09 am

Hi protech,

I am sorry that inconvenience caused by us.

We have reproduced your problem and created a research on it. Once it has been fixed, we will inform you immediately.

Best wishes.
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc