Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Dear Iceblue,

Last week my company purchased 2 licenses for your products (it's purchased on a different account (Andes BV) ):
Spire.Doc for .NET Pro Edition and Spire.XLS for .NET Standard Edition

I downloaded the latest versions: version 4.4.2 (Spire.Doc) and version 6.8 (the Spire.XLS).
I would like to use both libraries in the same project. I added the Spire.Doc.dll and Spire.License.dll of the Doc package and the Spire.XLS.dll of the XLS-package to my references
I added the 2 license-xml-files under different names, and i set them with: LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("filename");

Steps i took:

1) When i create documents there is an issue with the xls file: the evaluation-warning is not dissapearing in the xls file. When i open the XLS-licensefile i understand that the licensefile is valid for version 6.6.

2) After that, i downloaded version 6.6 of the XLS-package, and added the spire.xls.dll from this package. result:
the located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.
Understanding that the spire.license.dll is different from the doc-package.

3) After that, i referenced the spire.license.dll from the 6.6 XLS-package. Now i received the following error:
Assembly 'Spire.Doc, Version=4.4.2.3035, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=663f351905198cb3' uses 'Spire.License, Version=1.2.2.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1144360237c8b3f' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'Spire.License, Version=1.2.1.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1144360237c8b3f'
. This proves me right. The spire.license.dll-files are different and they can't be substituted.

4) At the end i tried to reference the spire.license.dll and the spire.xls.dll from the 6.8 XLS-package, and the spire.doc.dll from Doc-package. result: the Doc-file is created ok, but the XLS-document is created with the evaluationwarning. So it looks like the spire.license.dll from the 6.8 package is working with the Spire.Doc.dll.

Is it possible that this is going to work with each other in 1 project? Can you upgrade my xls-license-xml-file to version 6.8? How does it work updates in the future?
Do you understand this problem? if you need more information, i'll provide it a.s.a.p.

Thanks in advance,
Johan

jslots

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:25 am

Hi jslots,

About your problem, You'd better use Spire.Office product to make all dll files useable when you use multiply products. Then you need load license files using following codes:
Code: Select all
LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("doc-license-filename");
LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();
LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("xls-license-filename");

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. If you have any problems, please contact us!
Nancy
e-iceblue support team

nancy

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:18 am

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your solution.
When i try to download the latest office pack (2.3) i can't unzip it.
I receive the following error: "Unexpected end of archive".

I downloaded it 2 times, just to be sure, and both files are giving me this errormessage when i try to unzip them.

Can you provide me a valid zipfile? Thank you.
Johan

jslots

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:55 am

Hi,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused by us. Please use Free Download Manager to download the latest office pack (2.3).You can download Free Download Manager from here(http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/).
If you have any problems,please contact us.

Have a great day!

Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:54 pm

When i download with the free download manager, the download stops at 92% (127MB)

So, its not possible for me to download the complete file.
Can you investigate what the problem is?

Thanks,

Johan

jslots

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for your patience and so sorry for the long-time waiting.The issue you reported is already resolved. Please download the latest office pack (2.3) from here( http://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/spire.office_2.3.zip.)
If you have any problems,please contact us.

Gladys
e-iceblue support.

Gladys

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:12 am

Thank you, I downloaded the file succesfully.

jslots

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Dear Iceblue,

My next problem:

As you can read in earlier messages, i purchased 2 licenses.
I downloaded the spire 2.3 office pack and i do set the 2 licensefiles (i renamed the xml files):
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("license.elic.doc.xml");

When i add the
 Spire.License.LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();
i recieve the following exception:
System.NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly.
at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetManifestResourceNames()
at Spire.License.LicenseProvider.a(Type A_0)
at Spire.License.LicenseProvider.LoadLicense()

When i dont use the LoadLicense method, i can only create documents with the evaluation warning. It looks like the license-xml-files are not loaded correctly.

Do you have a solution for that? If you need any further info: please ask.

Thanks,
Johan

jslots

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:36 am

Hello Johan,

Is your project a web application ? If that, you could:
  1. Put your two license files to the Bin folder of your web application.
  2. Make sure your web application has permit to read them.
  3. Add these code to the load license into Global.Application_Start method
    LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("doc-license-filename");
    LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("xls-license-filename");

If you still has this problem, there is another solution which does need the license file anymore, just using the license key:
  • Add these code to the load license into Global.Application_Start method
    //your doc license key, which is the value of the License/@Key of your doc license file.
    //It maybe looks like "If68.....=="
    String key1 = "If68.....=="

//your xls license key, which is the value of the License/@Key of your xls license file.
    //It maybe looks like "If68.....=="
    String key2 = "If68.....=="
    LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey(key1);
    LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey(key2);

If any of the two solution works, you could generate doc file without any license warning, but your xls file may have the warning still, because your xls license is standard edition, it could not be used to work with any other product, you could upgrade your xls license to pro edtion license.
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Yes we have web application,
I have applied these steps, but not successfull. Please suggest if I am missing any step.

Step1 - copied the two license files in bin folder
- license.elic.doc.xml
- license.elic.pdf.xml
Step2 - modify the global.asax for adding in Application_Start() function
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("license.elic.doc.xml");
//Spire.License.LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("license.elic.pdf.xml");
//Spire.License.LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();

The issue i am having is:
Spire.License.LicenseProvider is not getting .LoadLicense() function. Thats why I commented it there. Can you suggest how that function will be enabled or included. So that the related license file can be loaded. Every thing is working perfectly but I am stucked here please dig it out.

Badar

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:37 am

Hi Badar,

Sorry for that inconvenience caused by us. I'm happy to hear that your issue has be solved from e-mail.

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Best wishes.
Amy
e-iceblue support
Last edited by amy.zhao on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.XLS