Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:08 am

Not sure it's possible, I've been looking at the examples, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. So here is what I have:

I have a word document that I use as a template for a report. I am using Spire.doc to modify the existing document and update some items. Inside this document, I have a few embedded excel spreadsheets. They have two tabs, tab 1 is a graph and tab 2 is the back-end data. The template has no data, so what I'm hoping to do is insert data into the workbook and generate the graph.

So, the questions are:

1. Is it possible to access an excel document, that is embedded in a word document.

2. Any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Richard

rbrynteson

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:07 am

Hi Richard,

Thanks for evaluating Spire.Doc.

I am sorry for that Spire.Doc can't edit the embedded excel object at this stage. But it can load a word file including embedded object and embed an object into a word file. So we recommend you generate your data spreadsheet and graph first and then embed them into word file.

By the way, Spire.xls can generate spreadsheet and graph, if you have interest, this page http://www.e-iceblue.com/Introduce/excel-for-net-introduce.html maybe helpful for you.

Have a nice day.

Best wishes.
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Suvi,

Is there a good example of embedding an Excel document into Word? I was looking for one and didn't see one.

Thanks,

Richard

rbrynteson

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:20 am

Hi Richard,

About your problem, I have writed a demo for you in the attachment. You can refer to it. In the codes, you need load a picture to initial the embeded object using two ways:
The first one, you may load a picture whose context is excel context using Spire.XLS product or Spire.Office product.
The second one, you may load other picture what you need.

In the attachment, I use the second method. I suggest that you use the first method because it can offer a good visual effect.
Attachments
SALESSUPPORT-552.7z
demo
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
Nancy
e-iceblue support team

nancy

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:55 am

Nancy,

A very good example. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to grab the chart from the XLS and insert/embed that into the Word document. This just seems to grab the cells/worksheet information.

Thanks,

Richard

rbrynteson

Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:19 am

Hi rbrynteson,

I'm sorry that we have no such way of grabing the chart from the XLS and insert/embed that into the Word document. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Nancy
e-iceblue support team

nancy

Return to Spire.XLS