Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed May 30, 2012 11:39 am

Hi,

I was trying to convert a simple password protected docx to pdf.

I tried to load the file via a stream (which works with non password protected passwords).
I get the following errors:

poDocx = new Spire.Doc.Document(poMemoryDocX, Spire.Doc.FileFormat.Docx, "open");
gives "Zip exception.Can't locate end of central directory record. Possible wrong file format or archive is corrupt."

poDocx = new Spire.Doc.Document(poMemoryDocX, Spire.Doc.FileFormat.Auto, "open");
gives "A disk error occurred during a write operation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8003001D (STG_E_WRITEFAULT))"

NB: The attached doc has an open password of 'open' and a modify password of 'edit'.

Thanks,

Mark.

markowens

Thu May 31, 2012 7:46 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reporting this bug. We have started research on it and will inform you once it is fixed. In order to solve the temporary inconvenience, we recommend a perfect workaround for you. In the workaround methods, I load word document from files in folder. The following code is what I used in the workaround, please have a try.

Code: Select all
using Spire.Doc;

namespace Support_504
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            string fileName = @"..\..\PasswordProtected.docx";
            Document doc = new Spire.Doc.Document(fileName, Spire.Doc.FileFormat.Docx, "open");
            //Document doc = new Spire.Doc.Document(fileName, Spire.Doc.FileFormat.Auto, "open");
            doc.SaveToFile("Sample.pdf", FileFormat.PDF);
            PdfViewer("Sample.pdf");
        }

private static void PdfViewer(string fileName)
        {
            try
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(fileName);
            }
            catch { }
        }
    }
}

For any doubt, please feel free to contact me at any time. Have a nice day.

Best Regards

Eric
e-iceblue support

guestbook

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:38 am

Hi Mark,

We have fixed the bug. Please download the new hotfix version v4.3.3: http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html

If you have any problems, please contact me!
Best wishes to you! Happy work!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nancy,
e-iceblue support
Nancy
e-iceblue support team

nancy

Return to Spire.Doc