Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue May 29, 2012 3:39 pm

I used the SaveToHttpResponse method of WorkBook to download Excel file from my web application in browser. Recently, my web application gave me this error popped up when the method is executed.

C:\Users\EDWIN~1.CHA\AppData\Local\Temp\7QmRKxbX.xls.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

In the download file list of FF, the download is marked failed. My Spire.XLS.dll is of version 5.8.5.3.

If I used IE, the Excel file can be downloaded successfully. Is Spire.XLS having compatibility problem with FireFox?

popularit

Wed May 30, 2012 8:56 am

Hi,

Thanks for evaluating Spire.Xls.

We've created a research on this problem, but it works fine in the fireFox 12 with Spire.Xls 5.8.5.3. The issue happened for you might caused by the settings of your PC/server, please check that.

I also attached the demo I made for test, would you please run it on your side? If the issue still happens, please send us more information(your excel file, your PC/server settings etc) to help to resolve it.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a great day!

Suvi
e-iceblue support
Attachments
XlsToHttpResponse.zip
(14.28 KiB) Downloaded 514 times

Suvi.Wu

Wed May 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Your sample web app can work. My web app can work in the ASP.NET development server (the one comes with Visual Studio) but failed when running using IIS 7.5. So probably it is due to some server configuration but I just can't figure out what is it? I would appreciate if you can give me some ideas.

popularit

Thu May 31, 2012 5:49 am

After further testing, I found that the Excel file itself is causing problem.
I used Excel 2003 format and it cannot be downloaded in Firefox and Chrome. If I converted to 2010 format, then the file can be downloaded successfully. I have attached the file for you to investigate.
Attachments
ImportNewItem.zip
(2.37 KiB) Downloaded 493 times

popularit

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:34 am

Hi popularit,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tested the excel file using Excel97To2003 format on my side, it can be downloaded at fireFox 12. So I still assume the server configuration is the reason why the issue happens. However, I made a sample which write the xls file to client as an attachment via Response instead of the workbook.SaveToHttpResponse() method, could you please run this demo using IIS 7.5? If this can work perfectly, we recommend you use this method.

If there is any problems, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Suvi
e-iceblue
Attachments
XlsToClientViaResponse.zip
(9.52 KiB) Downloaded 545 times

Suvi.Wu

Return to Spire.XLS