Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri May 04, 2012 2:07 pm

I downloaded and installed the trial version(spire.xls_standard_6.5). I'm using VB.net to write a basic app to open an excel add some data and save it.
I have added reference to spire.XLS.dll located at C:\Program Files (x86)\e-iceblue\Spire.XLS Standard Edition\Bin\NET4.0

below is the sample 3 lines of code

Imports Spire.Xls
'
'
'
Dim xlWorkBook As New Spire.Xls.Workbook()
Dim xlWorkSheet As Worksheet

When I compile, it throws error on all three lines. I also notice that when I add reference for the first time and right-click on it and select "view in object browser" it shows me that assembly but when I build the application and try to do the same thing I dont see it in the object browser. Not sure what is going on.

Thanks for help.

edantas

Mon May 07, 2012 3:21 am

Hi edantas,

Please make sure that you are using .NET Framework 4, not using .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. You can double-click the "Properties" to check and change this setting. I attanched a picture for you. Please have a chek.

Regards
Eric
e-iceblue support
e-iceblue Co.,Ltd
Attachments
pic.jpg
setting pictures
pic.jpg (28.83 KiB) Viewed 2626 times

Eric

Return to Spire.XLS