Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi All,
I have downloaded both Spire.Doc and Spire.Office. I am trying to explore Word documents merge feature. I have read in the support pages that I must include the license XML file (either as embedded resource, in the same folder of the DLLs or load it programatically). However I cannot find the license file in any of the downloads.

Can you tell me how to get the license file for my trial period?

Best regards,
Shehab.

sh_kamal

Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:38 am

Hi sh_kamal,

So sorry for the inconvenience.

To evalaute product in trial period you can just install the product and use the dlls at your will. The program you downloaded is trial version. Trial version has a warning message(which can not be removed unless you purchase the license) after you used the product. The license file/key is used for purchased users to remove the warning. Once customers purchase product, we will send the license file/key out.

Please feel free to contact us for anything at any time. Have a great day!
e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:36 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

My problem is that in the following code the output file is not generated. I thought this could be because I don't have the trial license key.
BTW: The code is not throwing any exception, just the merged document is not generated.

Code: Select all
public static void Merge(string[] filesToMerge, string outputFilename)
{
   // Load Document1 and Document2
   Document document1 = new Document();
   document1.LoadFromFile(filesToMerge[0], FileFormat.Docx);

Document document2 = new Document();
   document2.LoadFromFile(filesToMerge[1], FileFormat.Docx);

// Merge
   foreach (Section sec in document2.Sections)
   {
      document1.Sections.Add(sec.Clone());
   }

//Save
   document1.SaveToFile(outputFilename, FileFormat.Docx);
}

Best regards,
Shehab.

sh_kamal

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:46 am

Hi Shehab,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have tested the issue you reported with the latest hotfix (Spire.Doc v4.2.8) using the code you attached. The merged file can be generated. Would you please have a kind try with the hotfix, you can download it at http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now/4.2.8.html . I attached a project merging two docx file and saving the generated file to the root of the project, the generated file is at the root of the project named output.docx. Please have a look.

If you still have this problem, please send us the original docx files to us resolve it.

By the way, the function of Spire.Doc can't be influenced whether the dll is trial version or not.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards.
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

Hi Suvi,
Thank you very much, indeed the hotfix v4.2.8 is generating the file.

Thanks again,
Shehab.

sh_kamal

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:44 am

Please feel free to contact us for anything at any time. Have a great day!
e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Return to Spire.Doc