Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:41 pm

I have XLSX (Excel 2010 format) file with 2 sheets. First sheet includes a pivot table based on data in second sheet.
When I try to open this file, still gets error: Input string was not in a correct format.

My code is:
Code: Select all
        Dim sesit As Workbook
        Dim list As Worksheet

sesit = New Workbook()
        sesit.LoadFromFile("C:\Temp\DSOpodleDivizi_YYYY_MM.xlsx", ExcelVersion.Version2010) ' Here i get error
        list = sesit.Worksheets("Data")

If I try old version of spire.xls.dll, it works perfectly (version 5.5.2.36068). Now I have version 6.0.11.3
Attachments
DSOpodleDivizi_YYYY_MM.zip
(75.65 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
Last edited by mzahumensky on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mzahumensky

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:34 am

Hi mzahumensky,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the late reply.

We have tested the file you attached with the hotifx(Spire.xls v6.0.11.3), it works fine. Would you please check your dll and the target framework of your project are matched? I attached you the project,please have a look.

If you still have this problem,please send your whole project to help us better resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

BR
Suvi
e-iceblue support
Attachments
372vb.zip
The project
(162.6 KiB) Downloaded 595 times

Suvi.Wu

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 am

Hi Suvi
Error still occurs ...
I created new project in .NET framework 4.0, DOCX includes some screenshots
I am using Windows 7 64 bit

My real project is in .NET Framework 3.5 as MS SQL 2008 Integration project, Windows 2008 R2 64 bit server (project is set as 32 bit)
I can reproduce this error on my workstation in .NET 3.5 and 4.0, on server only in 3.5 (we don't use 4.0 on server at this time)

For limitation on this server I placed archive on my web, you can download it on url:
http://martin.zahumensky.cz/download/Excel_loading_Sample.zip

Martin

mzahumensky

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:08 am

Hi mzahumensky,

Thanks for your feedback and the DOCX includes some screenshots. It helps a lot.

We are so sorry that we need some more time to research this issue. At the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. However, you will surely be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.

In case of any ambiguity, please let me know. Have a great day!

Kind Regards.
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:55 am

Hi Suvi,
is there any progress with my problem? I need to deploy new version of my application to customer soon ...

Thanks

M.Zahumensky

mzahumensky

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 am

Hi M.Zahumensky,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused by us and keeping you waititng a long time.

We have done a lot of research, but we can't reproduce the issue you met because we don't have your development environment(the Czech language ). Please try to use the latest version(Spire.Office v2.1), you can download it at http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-office-for-net-now/spire-office-v21.html, please let us know and we'll do our best to resolve it.

Sorry for the inconvenience again.

Have a great day.
Best regards
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Return to Spire.XLS