Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Running hotfix 4.1.8.

Pagination is not maintained exactly in the PDF produced from a Word document. Depending on font size about 3 lines move from the beginning of page 3 to the end of page 2 (page 2 begins with a page break) and similar movement occurs on subsequent pages. This causes gradual drift of the layout of the document until a page break occurs. In the attached example enough drift occurred to cause the picture on the last page to move up an entire page creating a 5 page PDF when the Word Doc was 6 pages.

These are test documents that reproduce the problem. I can't send the real documents with the problem because they contain privacy protected legal information.

I eagerly await response on this issue and item "Header Not Fomatted Properly in PDF" as my client is not satisfied with the Spire.Doc solution.

wmtaylor48

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Here is the PDF produced by the conversion

wmtaylor48

Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:15 am

Hello wmtaylor48,

sorry for any inconveniences caused by us and thank you for your patience.

We have tested the file you sent. There indeed exist the problem. Now we are researching it. We need some time to repair it. Please wait with patience.

Have a nice day.
Tina
Technical Support/Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Tina.Lin

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:33 am

Hi wmtaylor48,

We have finished the research on the issue of "Pagination not maintained in PDF Conversion". Microsoft Word can not store specific page number information. When converting files from Word to PDF, the page number is dynamicly calculated. So it's not easy to solve this issue within a short period. But, we've added this into our schedule and this will be sure improved in the future. Whenever we have the latest progress on this issue, we will send you a message.

Please feel free to contact us for anything at any time. Have a great day!

BR,
Tina
Tina
e-iceblue Support Team

Tina.Lin

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:46 pm

I'm disappointed to hear it will be difficult to solve.

As a workaround is there any way I can control this from within my app by setting top and bottom margins in the PDF document, or I suppose changing top and bottom margins in the input Word doc before the PDF conversion is done?

To me this looks to be a case where the bottom margin, or maybe the height of the footer area, in the PDF document is smaller than in the word document allowing lines to more forward to an earlier page. Top, left, and right margins and header area are maintained properly, it's just looks to be an issue with the bottom margin or footer area.

wmtaylor48

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:37 am

Hi wmtaylor48,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The solution you mentioned should be working on this issue. We will add features which enable our product to set some parameters to meet the requirements. This feature will be added in our next upgrade version 4.2 which also includes some other improtant new features.

Before the new upgrade, you can add page breaks in Word docuemnt and then convert to PDF. Once the new upgrade release, we will notify you, and at that time, you will not need add page breaks.

e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Can you give me a rough estimate when version 4.2 will be available?

wmtaylor48

Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:25 am

Hi wmtaylor48,

The new version 4.2 will be released at the end of Novmember or the early of December in this year. Our technical support will try their best to publish ASAP. Please feel free to contact us for anything at any time. Have a great day!
e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Please pass on one additional piece of information to your developers regarding this problem. I originally thought it had something to do with the page footer or bottom margin, but further analysis performed by comparing printed verisons of the original Word document and the converted PDF document shows that line spacing isn't the same in the two doccuments. Line spacing is just slightly smaller in the PDF document causing lines to gradually drift upward within the page until it accummulates to several lines by end of page. This drift continues to accummulate on subsequent pages until a page break is reached. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't mislead you on the problem I was seeing. I eagerly await release 4.2.

wmtaylor48

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Has the availability date of Release 4.2 been set yet?

wmtaylor48

Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:28 am

Hi wmtaylor48,

So sorry for the late response.

Our technical support will add this feature at the end of December. So sorry that other important features make it a few days late. Once we add it in the new release, i will inform you at the first time.

e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:50 am

Hello wmtaylor48,

Thank you for patience.

We have added the new feture. We will release Spire.Doc HotFix 4.1.17 in next week. Once released, we will inform you.

Have a nice day.
Tina
e-iceblue Support Team

Tina.Lin

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:52 am

Hello wmtaylor48,
So sorry for the late reply and thank you for your patience with our support team.

We have already released the Spire.Doc hotfix [v4.1.18],you can download it from the following address:http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html.

If you still have any other problems, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Have a great day.

Suvi.Wu

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:46 pm

I downloaded and tested Hot Fix 4.1.18. Unfortunately it doesn’t fix the problem I had reported with page layout not being maintained in the PDF output. Lines still move from the beginning of a page to the bottom of the previous page. It appears line height is slightly smaller in the PDF output than the original Word document, so lines gradually drift upwards.

wmtaylor48

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:04 am

Hello wmtaylor48,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your patience with our support team.
You can change the margin-bottom of the document to control the layout of the pdf document. We attached you a simple demo and the result pdf document. Please have a look.

If you still have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.
Sorry for the inconvience caused by us again.

Have a nice day.

Suvi
e-iceblue support team

Suvi.Wu

Return to Spire.Doc