Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:40 am

I am using this demo as basis for a proof of concept: http://www.e-iceblue.com/Knowledgebase/ ... B.NET.html

I made some changes to the codes to allow it to run in ASP.NET MVC3.

However, while I am able to get the generated output, and that the Customer details are correctly mail merged, the cells the Ordered table are all blanks.
It's the same whether i generated the output as Word or PDF.

I am using Windows7, VS2010.

bengtiong

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 am

I have managed to rectify this by adding the line:
document.MailMerge.ClearFields = false;

But what is meaning of the line? Can anyone point me to the documentation for this property?

Also,
I find that there is a difference between outputting in Word and PDF.
In Word, the formatting for numeric values are correctly done: i.e. 1.665 is displayed as $1.67 according to the MERGEFORMAT "$#,##0.00"
But in PDF output (using FileFormat.PDF), 1.665 is simply displayed as 1.6650000000

Why so?

bengtiong

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:16 am

Hi,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by us.

It's a bug which will be fixed in the next release. After releasing, we will inform you.
About the api document, we are working for that.
Thanks and Regards
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:17 am

Hi, your problem "Empty cells when using mail merge" has been fixed, please download the latest Spire.Doc from http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/downl ... t-now.html.
About the format bug in pdf output, we will fix it in the future.
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks for the fix but am sorry to hear that that PDF fix will need to wait.

When will that be ready?

This issue is really preventing us from using this product because we need to launch an application by end this year.
If we can't be assured that we can use it by these few weeks, we would probably have to source for other products.

bengtiong

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:05 am

Hi bengtiong,

Our technical support has made this issue proro in our schedule. After the National Day Holiday, we will make a research and solve this issue ASAP. And this should be in the early of October. So sorry for the inconvenience! Please do not hesitate to contact us for anything at any time.

Have a great day!
e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:16 am

May I ask is this issue resolved?

bengtiong

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:35 am

Hi bengtiong,

So sorry for the late reponse. This issue should be fixed. You can download the latest HotFix to have a try. If you need any help from us, please do not hesitate to contact at any time. Have a great day!
e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Return to Spire.Doc