Spire.DataExport for .NET is a 100% pure data .NET library suit for exporting data into MS Word, Excel, RTF, Access, PDF, XPS, HTML, XML, Text, CSV, DBF, SYLK, SQL Script, DIF, Clipboard, etc.

Tue May 24, 2011 5:45 am

Hello

I'm trying to install Spire.DataExport Free and I'm getting this exception during setup:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {656D8328-93F5-41A7-A48C-B42858161F25} failed due to the following error: 80080005.

I did a JIT debug to get this and the stack trace:

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at Spire.DataExport.Installer.ToolboxInstaller.InstallControlsToVisualStudioToolbox(CreateProjectDelegate CreateProject, Type DTEType, String assemblyPath)
at Spire.DataExport.Installer.ToolboxInstaller.InstallControls()
at Spire.DataExport.Installer.Program.Main(String[] args)

On my system CLSID {656D8328-93F5-41A7-A48C-B42858161F25} corresponds with VisualStudio.DTE, which in turn points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"

It appears to be related to the Toolbox Controls installer.

Is anyone else getting this?

Thanks,
Jeff

intexx

Tue May 24, 2011 6:02 am

Setup failed after this, so I reran it immediately. It went through smoothly this time, possibly because I'd exited Visual Studio when prompted during the first install session.

However, there appears no Toolbox section in VS for Spire controls, nor am I finding any related Start Menu entry.

This is VS 2010 Ultimate on Win7 Ultimate x64. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

intexx

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:33 am

Just share this case:
We communicated via Email, and solved this problem.
Justin
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Justin Weng

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:09 am

Hi Justin

I'm not sure I follow you.

I didn't receive an email from you, or at least not one that I noticed. It's possible something made it to my bulk mail folder by mistake.

If so, could you resend? The problem is still active.

Thanks,
Jeff

intexx

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:39 am

Dear intexx,
Sorry for that. I found a same question from my email.
This message means that our installation was unable to load the studio's COM object for some reason. This is a typical error message that is shown when there is a problem with registry access on the destination machine. Most probably, the registry on your side was somehow corrupted. First, please make sure that you have access to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{656D8328-93F5-41A7-A48C-B42858161F25} registry key on your machine. You can check this by modifying some value in this registry branch and then reverting the change back to the original state.

One more cause of this issue is that the installation tried to run the COM server which caused a dialog window to appear. If so, please make certain that you close it when the installation runs.

Hope this information will help you resolve the problem.
Maybe you should close the IDE and install it. Or uncheck the add Toolbox Controls, and add controls by yourself from the DLL.
If you still have some question,please ask us again.
Justin
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Justin Weng

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:16 am

After a reboot the Toolbox icons are now present. Not sure what happened here, but now I don't suppose I want to know ;-)

Thanks for a great tool.

Jeff

intexx

Return to Spire.DataExport