Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi I'm using your demo version.
I need to find and replace a existing word document, the replacement words fine but it takes to long about 4 minutes and when using below code the document doesn't open
private void WordDocViewer(string fileName)
{
try
{
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(fileName);
}
catch { }
}

Is a web application c#, Visual Studio 2010, MS SQL 2008,IIS 7.0.
On development works fine and fast.

isolution

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:21 am

isolution wrote:Hi I'm using your demo version.
I need to find and replace a existing word document, the replacement words fine but it takes to long about 4 minutes and when using below code the document doesn't open
private void WordDocViewer(string fileName)
{
try
{
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(fileName);
}
catch { }
}

Is a web application c#, Visual Studio 2010, MS SQL 2008,IIS 7.0.
On development works fine and fast.

Hi friend,
#1 "the replacement words fine but it takes to long about 4 minutes", could you please post your code and the document?
#2 "the document doesn't open", that code uses MS Word to open the document, do you have MS Word install in your computer?
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:17 am

Hi team,

I am facing the same problem. I have MS word installed into my PC. I am not able to open word document on html page.

Please assist.

Mohit

Mohit

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:37 am

Hi Mohit,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Did you mean that you want to open the word document within the browser? If that, please try:
Code: Select all
document.SaveToFile("your_file.doc", FileFormat.Doc, Response, HttpContentType.InBrowser)

in your backend code.
Actually, You don't need MS Word. A Word viewer is enough, you could get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Return to Spire.Doc