Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Any plans and/or timeline on supporting .net Core for Spire.PDF?

quadinfotech

Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:33 am

Dear Andre,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Our Spire.PDF supports working with .NET core 2.0 now. Please download the latest commercial version from the following link. If there is any question, welcome to write back.
Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:4.9.7

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:47 am

Hi,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Has your issue been resolved?
Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback and time.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Nina.Tang wrote:Dear Andre,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Our Spire.PDF supports working with .NET core 2.0 now. Please download the latest commercial version from the following link. If there is any question, welcome to write back.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Hi Nina,

I've downloaded the hotfix version 4.9.7, referenced the Spire.PDF.dll from netstandard2.0 folder but when I try to implement the watermark solution in my code, I still have dependency on System.Drawing classes which are part of the .net framework.

Do you guys have an example of implementation for adding watermark to an existing PDF in .Net Core?

Thanks for your help!

quadinfotech

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for late reply as weekend.
The Spire.PDF for netstandard2.0 uses System.Drawing.Common, which depends on Libgdiplus library. So when you use Spire.PDF on .NET core, you need to install Libgdiplus library. I recommend that you install Spire.PDF package via Nuget. The Libgdiplus library will be installed automatically. If there is any question, welcome to write back.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Nina.Tang wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for late reply as weekend.
The Spire.PDF for netstandard2.0 uses System.Drawing.Common, which depends on Libgdiplus library. So when you use Spire.PDF on .NET core, you need to install Libgdiplus library. I recommend that you install Spire.PDF package via Nuget. The Libgdiplus library will be installed automatically. If there is any question, welcome to write back.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Hi Nina, thanks again for your feedback.

I have another question about this 4.9.7 fix. Using this version that supports .Net Core can I still use the SpirePDF Free? or the Free version isn't compatible with .net Core?

Thanks

quadinfotech

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:01 am

Hi,

Yes, the Free version isn't compatible with .net Core. You have to use our commercial version. To help you better evaluate our product. A temporary license (one month free) of Spire.PDF has been sent to your email. Please apply it by the following method.
How to Apply the License by license key

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:19 am

With regards to the dependancy on system.drawing, you can now use an alternative nuget package: Sixlabors.ImageSharp, that may provide the functionality that you need.

robin.clark@envigo.com

Wed May 01, 2019 9:06 am

Hi,

We trying to use Spire.PDF with Azure Function.
We can't run with azure functions. Gives an error: System.Drawing is not supported on this platform.

tirmisee

Wed May 01, 2019 9:27 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please install our Spire.PDF 5.4.21 from Nuget, and after installing, you will find there are two dlls (System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll, libSkiaSharp.dll) included too. Kindly note that when running the Azure function App, it would prompt an error that the “SkiaSharp and CodePage….” dlls could not be loaded. That’s because the two dlls (System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll, libSkiaSharp.dll) don’t exist in correct path so that the application could not find them when running. The issue is caused by the mechanism of Azure function App itself. To resolve it, please find the two dlls in your application and manually copy them to the path where the Spire.Pdf.dll lies. The path on my side is E:\MyFunctionApp\bin\Debug\netstandard2.0\bin. You could try it again, if there is still any question, welcome to write back.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Wed May 01, 2019 10:32 am

Lisa.Li wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please install our Spire.PDF 5.4.21 from Nuget, and after installing, you will find there are two dlls (System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll, libSkiaSharp.dll) included too. Kindly note that when running the Azure function App, it would prompt an error that the “SkiaSharp and CodePage….” dlls could not be loaded. That’s because the two dlls (System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll, libSkiaSharp.dll) don’t exist in correct path so that the application could not find them when running. The issue is caused by the mechanism of Azure function App itself. To resolve it, please find the two dlls in your application and manually copy them to the path where the Spire.Pdf.dll lies. The path on my side is E:\MyFunctionApp\bin\Debug\netstandard2.0\bin. You could try it again, if there is still any question, welcome to write back.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I have try create a new azure function project and install Spire.PDF 5.4.21 via nuget and we can't find the file "libSkiaSharp.dll".
I can send you the code if you need to check.

tirmisee

Thu May 02, 2019 9:07 am

Hello,

Thanks for your more information provided via email.
I found the target framework of your project is .NET Core 2.1. As for your situation, please try to test with the following steps:
1. Remove the Spire.PDF(5.4.21) that you installed from Nuget from your project.
2. Find the Spire.PDF(5.4.21) Nuget package in your computer. Then reference the two dlls (Spire.Pdf.dll, Spire.License.dll) from the netstandard2.0 folder. The dll path on my side is C:\Users\Administrator\.nuget\packages\spire.pdf\5.4.21\lib\netstandard2.0.
3. Manually install the System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll 4.0.1 and SkiaSharp.dll 1.60.0 from Nuget.
If there is any question after trying above steps, please provide the error details for further investigation.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.PDF