Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi,

I've downloaded the eval version specifically to test this:

pdf.PrintSettings.SelectMultiPageLayout(1, 2);
pdf.Print();

However, the PrintSettings class and Print method are not available. I'm using .NET 4.0...

Any ideas?

tbrasch72

Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please note that the PrintSettings class and Print method only exist in our commercial version (at present the latest one on our website is Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:4.10.3 ), please download it and try again.
Besides, to help you better evaluate our commercial version and remove the warning message, our sales team has sent you a one-month free license of Spire.PDF. Please use this method to apply it. How to Apply the License by license key.

Sincerely
Anna
E-iceblue support team

Anna.Zhang

Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:22 pm

Thanks for your quick response! I've downloaded the new version and can now see the methods.

What I am trying to do is take an Input.PDF with multiple pages and somehow generate an Output.PDF with 4 pages / sheet. So instead of printing the document, I need to save it to disk, but the PrintSettings class doesn't seem to affect the SaveToFile method unfortunately.

Is there a way to make this work with Spire PDF?

tbrasch72

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:03 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the late reply as weekend.
In fact, you could achieve your requirement by printing with a virtual PDF printer, the premise is to install a virtual PDF printer such as PDFCreator on your computer. Please refer to the below code snippet. If this is not what you want, please provide your desired output for our reference.
Code: Select all
PdfDocument doc = new PdfDocument();
doc.LoadFromFile("Sample.pdf");
//specify the printer name
doc.PrintSettings.PrinterName = "PDFCreator";
//2 rows, 2 cloumns
doc.PrintSettings.SelectMultiPageLayout(2, 2);
//print
doc.Print();

Sincerely
Anna
E-iceblue support team

Anna.Zhang

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:10 am

Hi,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Did we fix your issuer? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
Anna
E- iceblue support team

Anna.Zhang

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:11 am

Unfortunately, it's still not working. PDFCreator requires an interactive user logged in at all times.

I am trying to use this from a server application. The code sample works and I can actually see the print job in the queue, but the file is not created until I run PDFCreator interactively as the user that runs my server application as a Windows Service.

It appears there is a PDFCreator Server version that might work, but there is no trial version of that.

tbrasch72

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:39 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Sorry that we don't have the trial version of PDFCreator. You can find other trial PDF printers by yourself, such as Adobe PDF Printer. If you have any question, welcome to write back.

Sincerely,
Anna
E-iceblue support team

Anna.Zhang

Return to Spire.PDF