Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:03 am

Hi,
I have Issue On convert PDF to Doc ,After Conversion to doc when I enter Some Text on the Doc file ,the text is Overlapped With Existing text .
For this I need to Pay any amount Or do you give any Suggestion for this

Thank you very much
Manohar

manohar.ziraff@gmail.com

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:13 am

Hi Manohar,

Thank you for your inquiry.
To help us look into the issue, could you please share your sample PDF file?

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team
Last edited by Jane.Bai on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jane.Bai

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:27 am

Dear Jane,
Thanks for your reply, Below I attached a doc file please enter any text on it at the end of any paragraph then you find the issue
Thanks you

manohar.ziraff@gmail.com

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:28 am

Hi Manohar,

Kindly note that Spire.PDF converts the PDF to Word using the fixed layout rather than the flow layout like the MS Word. That means every line of the text content would be in a frame. Since the frame is fixed in position, the result would get overwritten if you replace the original text with some longer content.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team
Last edited by Jane.Bai on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jane.Bai

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:25 am

You said that the frame is fixed in size,and the result would get overwritten if you replace the original text with some longer content.
can u suggest how much of data we can enter between a paragraph to paragraph Or can u send the sample word file
Thanks

manohar.ziraff@gmail.com

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:39 am

Dear Manohar,

Sorry to make you confused. Actually, the frame is fixed in position.
When converting PDF to Word with Spire.PDF, every line of the content would be converted into a text frame. The reason why we choose the text frame is that the text frame uses relative position so that we could locate the content to the related position in PDF. If you add content to one of the frames, the frame would move with the text, but kindly note the main reason which causes the overlapping is that the next frame would not move with the previous frame. That means the content a text frame could contain is the position between this frame and the next frame. If the content exceeds the distance, the result got overlapped.
You could see the below image as an example, the next frame which has the content "16 October 2021" would not move because of its relative position. If I continue adding the content in the current frame, over-lapping would appear.
textFrame.png

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:46 am

Is there any solution for that ?

manohar.ziraff@gmail.com

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:59 am

Hi Manohar,

Thank you for your quick response.
Sorry that there's no solution at present, the functionality of PDF to Word conversion is not so mature so far.
Once we have any improvements in the future, I will let you know.
Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Return to Spire.PDF