Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:20 pm

To whom it may concern.

My company has Spire.Office license. It was working as embedded file with v3.4.0. I updated Spire.Office to v.3.8 and I started to receive 'Evaluation Warning: The document was created with Spire.Doc for .NET.' I updated Spire back to 3.4, but still getting an evaliation warning.

Please, advice and help,
Tanya Lerner

tlerner

Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:41 am

Hello Tanya,

Thanks for your post. I tested your Spire.Office license, it worked well and didn't generate evaluation warning. I recommend that you use this method (How to Apply the License by license key )to apply it, since other methods may cause the license file to be unrecognized because of lacking of permission or other reasons in some occasions. Please try again, if the evaluation warning still occurs, please provide your testing code along with your application type(E.g. Console App).

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:00 pm

I can set the license file location and load it. But it use to work as embedded resource and stopped working.
I have a console application. The license file (license.elic.xml) exists in the application folder. That file is added to the solution as embedded resouce. Use to work till I dowloaded 3.8 version of Spire.Office. When I tried to go back to 3.4, it still gave me an issue.

It works as following, but I don't want to copy license file to /bin/ directory for production installation.

Dim licenseFile As New IO.FileInfo(IO.Directory.GetCurrentDirectory & "\" & "license.elic.xml")
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFile(licenseFile)

tlerner

Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:46 am

Hello Tanya,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I tested your license as embedded resource with both Spire.Office 3.8.0 version and Spire.Office 3.4.0 version, and found the evaluation message can be removed successfully. Hence, I sent a sample console application to your email, please check it and tell us your testing result. I’m looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.Doc