Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Hello,

we're using Spire.Doc version 4.6.12.4040 and we're experiencing issues converting .docx to .pdf.

The code is as follows
Code: Select all
                var document = new Document(pathToFile);
                document.SaveToFile(pathToFile, FileFormat.PDF);

At the second line, the executing application just hangs indefinitely.
It seems Spire is having some issue with "not perfectly lined table's border". I'm attaching problematic .docx to this post. The row in quest is highlighted in red. Please notice his borders are little bit wider then the rest of the table. When I line this row's border with the rest of the document, Spire again works as expected. I also notice same happens when I delete all the text from the document (problematic row shifts vertically).

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

tbalaz

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:05 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for late reply as weekend.
After an initial test with the latest Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:6.4.5, I didn't encounter the issue that the application hangs, also not find the table border issue. Attached is my generated Pdf file for your check. Please upgrade to the latest version to have a test, if the issues still happen, please provide your generated PDF file, OS information(e.g. windows 7, 64-bit) as well as your region and language setting (e.g. China, Chinese) for further investigation.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 am

Hi Nina,

with the latest version of Spire.Doc dll it works as expected. Thank you for your assistance.

With Kind Regards

tbalaz

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:19 am

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.
Just feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.
Wish you all the best!

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Return to Spire.Doc