Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Hello.
I'm trying to PDF page by page. The doc is large. 90+ pages.
Безымянный.jpg

I found out this guy(MBOBuffer) eat all my RAM. Is it some kind of cache? How can I clear it?
Disposing PDFDocument is not a clue.

Dimon

Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:57 am

Dear Dimon,

Thanks for your inquiry.
After an initial testing, sorry that I didn't notice your issue. First we suggest using the latest Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:4.2.8 which includes all fixes and improvements. If your issue still happens, please provide following information for further investigation.
1. the input PDF document and the code you were using, the better to offer a sample project
2. OS information,e.g. Win7 64bit, RAM 4GB
3. VS version and the target framework, e.g. VS2013, .NET framework 4.5.1
You could send these information to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

Many thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:47 am

The same crap after update. Replied to e-mail.

Dimon

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 am

Dear Dimon,

Thanks for your email.
I have tested your case with the version 4.2.8, and used the VS Profile to check the memory usage. Sorry I didn't notice the guy(MBOBuffer) eats all memory. If you didn't use the tool "Profile", could you please tell us what tool you used to check the memory usage and how you check the memory usage ?
In addition, in your first post, you said your PDF has 90+ page, yet the PDF you just sent only has 10 pages, did you send a wrong sample file ? Or I could directly copy your document 9 times and generate a PDF which has 90 pages ?

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:45 am

I've send you a project that apear the problem and file I'm use to work with (1300+ pages).
Thanks!

Dimon

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:13 am

Dear Dimon,

Thanks for your project.
The memory usage depends on not only the content of the document but also the system resource, e.g. running environment, available memory and so on. Usually, Spire.PDF needs more memory than the original document size to build a DOM in the memory. Your PDF has 1300+ page, when finding the text page by page, inevitably it needs some memory to do it. In addition, I noticed you used win10(RAM 4GB) and VS2017, I am afraid a small amount of available memory is left.
Anyway, we will check if there is any approach to reduce the memory usage, if there is any news in the future, we will let you know.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:19 am

Hi,

Thanks for waiting.
Now we have done the improvement, please download and try to use Spire.PDF Pack Version:6.1.
Our website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
NuGet link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:08 am

Hi,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Do you use the hotfix? Has your issue been resolved?

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.PDF