Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm

I am attempting to flatten fields in Spire.PDF.

However, the method provided in the examples doesn't actually flatten the file.

In fact, when I attempt save the file that I set "isFlatten = true" I get an error:

"Please wait... If this message is not replaced by the contents of the file..."

Any ideas?

mcwagner_nro

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 am

Dear Mark,

Thanks for your inquiry.
After an initial test with our latest Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:4.2.4, I was unable to find your issue on my side. I suggest upgrading to the latest version to have a try. If the issue still occurs, please share your input pdf file as well as the full code to help us have a better investigation on your issue. You could sent them to us via email support@e-iceblue.com.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Thanks for the replay.

I updated the .ddls to no avail.

I can open a saved .pdf but setting pdfDOc.form.isflatten = true doesn't result in a flattened PDF file.

mcwagner_nro

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:04 am

Dear Mark,

Please share your input pdf file as well as the full code to help us investigate your issue. You could sent them to us via email support@e-iceblue.com.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:25 pm

Having the same issue here with the latest 8.9.2 verion of spire pdf dll. Old version flattened the IRS form just fine, but now it will not. Same form will flatten ok if I use Adobe. Please advise.

jgoeke

Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:21 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Now, the latest version of Spire.Pdf is V8.11.0. I used the latest version to test your scenario but I didn’t reproduce it. Please update to the latest version and have a test again. If the issue still exists, please offer the following message. Thanks for your assistance in advance.
1) Your Pdf document, you can attach here or send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com).
2) Your full test code that can reproduce your issue.
3) Application type, such as Console App, .NET Framework 4.8.
4) Your test environment, such as OS info (E.g. Windows 7, 64-bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese).

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Return to Spire.PDF