Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Hey,

I'm doing a mail merge on a docx file. Everything seems ok except that the <<Next Record>> field is still visible for every place it was in the doc. If I remove them completely from the doc, then the merge continues until it runs out of memory and crashes.

What am I doing wrong?

Mr. Lake

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:20 am

Hello,

Thanks for your post.
In case you are using an older version of Spire.Doc, please first update to the latest one(Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:6.0.63) and try again. If the issue still exists, please share us with your documents and full code. You could attached here or send them to our email(support@e-iceblue.com).

Best regards,
Simon
E-iceblue support team

Simon.yang

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:38 pm

That had no effect. I'll send an email.

Mr. Lake

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:52 am

Hello David,

Thanks for your sharing. Please check the Preserve formatting during updates of the Next fields and try again.

Sincerely,
Simon
E-iceblue support team

Simon.yang

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:18 pm

Thank you! That was extremely helpful. It worked.

One thing I noticed though was that on page 2 and only page two, the top row is populated and the rest are not. The next record doesn't show up until page 3. It is the correct next record in the sequence, but it's all the way on the next page. The blank boxes on page 2 are uneditable. Any idea what might be causing that?

Mr. Lake

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:25 am

Hello David,

Thanks for your feedback. You need to apply the license to avoid that. Our sales has sent an one-month temporary license to you via email. Please check your registered email and refer to the below documentation to apply it.
https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Lic ... html#Apply

Sincerely,
Simon
E-iceblue support team

Simon.yang

Return to Spire.Doc