Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:30 pm

I'm evaluating Spire.Doc to update Word documents stored in SharePoint. I am able to update the documents just fine but when I save the document the SharePoint metadata is removed from the doc. When viewing in Word, the properties are shown under the "Properties" section and they are not present in the CustomDocumentProperties properties.

If I unzip the unmodified DOCX file, the SharePoint metadata is stored in the /customXML folder as so:

item1.xml - contains information about the columns
item2.xml
item3.xml
item4.xml - contains the actual column values

When I unzip the DOCX file I modified with Spire.Doc that folder has been removed.

Is there a way to re-add these properties or, even better, to save the document without removing those properties?

Thank you,

Jason

jburchill

Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:19 am

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your inquiry.
To help us look into the issue, could you send your sample files(both the original one and the modified one) to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com)?

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:35 am

Hello,

I have received your email and thank you for sharing the files.
After an initial test with latest Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:6.0.5, I can get the three SharePoint metadata in item3.xml and the customxml folder also exists there. Please evaluate this version.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:21 pm

Thank you Jane. I have confirmed running the doc.SaveToFile persists the SharePoint metadata and they are not removed. But what property on the Document object should I use to retrieve those properties?

Jason

jburchill

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:57 am

Hello Jason,

Thank you for the quick reply.
We dont' publish the properties you need, so it is not accessible to get them at present.
Anyway, could you tell us the destination of the operation, do you want to change the properties or do anything else?
Only when we know your final target can we consider if we will publish the properties and also how to make it.
Looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:20 am

Hello,

Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Return to Spire.Doc