Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:02 pm

We are moving a web application from an on-premise Windows server to an Azure PaaS web service. Our existing web app's interaction with Excel 97-2003 version templates depends upon a OleDbConnection and OleDbDataAdapter, things that are not available in the Azure environment.

I anticipate having an Excel 97-2003 file as a stream from Azure file storage and need to get it into a DataTable object. The following works in my Windows development environment and I want to know if it will work the same when run under an Azure web service. Another way of asking the question is this: Does Spire.XLS depend upon OleDbConnection and OleDbDataAdapter behind the scenes?

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.LoadFromStream(stream);
Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
DataTable dt = sheet.ExportDataTable();

Thanks.

-jb

jbarrow

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:53 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Our Spire.XLS does not depend upon OleDbConnection or OleDbDataAdapter behind the scenes, and I have also made a test with your code, the result was correct. You could have a test on your side. If there's any doubt or problem, welcome to write back.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Return to Spire.XLS