Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Hello,

I'm currently using the Free version of spire and I'm having a slight issue.
I'm converting a 3 page xlsx to a 3 page pdf, i understand there is a limitation for more than 3 pages using the free version.
My problem is that the converted file creates 4 pages instead of 3 and i get on the fourth page the following message:
Spire.XLS
Free version is limited to 5 sheets per workbook and 200 rows per sheet. This limition is enforced during reading or writing XLS or PDF files.
When converting Excel files to PDF files, you can only get the first 3 pages of PDF file.
Upgrade to Commercial Edition of Spire.XLS.

Now if i was trying to convert 4 pages i'd understand getting this message but i'm just trying to convert 3 pages which is the stated limit.
Is there any way to stop creating this fourth page?

Thank you in in advance !

SpireSeeker21

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:36 am

Dear SpireSeeker21,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I created a sample file which only has 3 pages, then converted it to PDF using Free version. Yet didn't find the issue you mentioned, so could you please provide us with the input file for testing ?

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:32 am

Hello,

I've added the structure of the document but due to the nature of the text I've had to delete it.
I get the same result without the text anyway.
In Excel print preview sees only 3 pages, I suspect when reading and converting the document it doesn't fit all of the content into just 3 pages when converted to PDF.

Thank you in advance!

SpireSeeker21

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:01 am

Dear SpireSeeker21,

Thanks for your file.
I checked the file you provided and found it has 4 pages, please check the screenshot and result file generated by MS excel on attachment. And I deleted the page 4, the result generated by Free Spire.XLS would be correct, only has 3 pages.

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:18 am

Hello,

This is very strange, here is how it looks on my end in Excel.
Notice I get 1 of 3, not 1 of 4 :?:

Thank you for the swift reply !

SpireSeeker21

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:56 am

Dear SpireSeeker21,

Thanks for the information again.
I changed a computer to open the file, and noticed it only has 3 pages. Nevertheless, the algorithm of the conversion in our product is different from the algorithm MS Excel used. At present, it indeed needs 4 pages to place the content in your file. And we will adjust the algorithm further, and will let you know once there is any news. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Hello,

It would appear the problem appears if my excel document has more than one sheet.
The document I was using had 2 sheets and i was trying to switch between them depending on the language selected in the application.

The workaround I found was to extract the sheets to separate Excel files.

I've found however another problem :) When converting to PDF the letter X disappears.
For context i'm using "IX. Procedure" as a header for some columns. The end result just displays "I Procedure".

SpireSeeker21

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:03 am

Dear SpireSeeker21,

Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please provide us with the input document and the code you were using so that we could reproduce the issue "X" disappears ?

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 am

Hello,

I've attached the file in question I'm using as a model to create my PDF files.

SpireSeeker21

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:29 am

Dear SpireSeeker21,

Thanks for the file.
I only found one "IX" text in the end of the the document(Row68), and I tested the file with the latest Spire.XLS Pack Hotfix Version:7.12.43. And the result(on attachment) is correct, so please try to use this version to check whether the issue is solved on your side or not.
And here is my testing code.
Code: Select all
            Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
            workbook.LoadFromFile(@"ED_Form_2017_P_EN.xlsx");
            workbook.SaveToFile("11097Result.pdf",FileFormat.PDF);

If the issue still happens, please provide following information for testing.
1) OS information, e.g. Win7 64bit
2) Region and language setting on the computer, e.g. China and Chinese.

Many thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Hello,

I've tried with the version you specified and it seems to be solving most of the issues i had regarding the text.
However all the pages now contain evaluation watermarks which is not ideal :)

Thank you

SpireSeeker21

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:43 am

Dear SpireSeeker21,

Thanks for your feedback.
Sorry that we don't have any plan to update the free vresion at present. And all fixes and new features are only included into commercial version. We could offer you 1-month free license of Spire.XLS to help you remove the warning message and have a better evaluation on our products. Please contact our sales team(sales@e-iceblue.com) to get it if you need.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.PDF