Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:59 pm

I use Spire.xls 7.9 (the last from Nuget)
I write a desktop program Windows Form C# NET 4.52 with Visual studio 2017
and i write also a windows WEB application C# NET 4.52 with Visual studio 2017.
They do the same thing: open a file XLS with image on the Header (png or jpg) and then save it in pdf format.

the code is like this:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.LoadFromFile(filexls,ExcelVersion.Version2010);
workbook.SaveToFile(filepdf, FileFormat.PDF);

For web application i use MVC architecture and ActionLink in the controller to show the result

I have check the program on more PC, windows 7 o windows server R2012 with IIS 8
I have different result:
-on my pc (windows 7) all seems work correctly in debug and release mode: WEB app and desktop app produced a PDF with header correct (image OK)
-on one PC server R12 without(?) other program: WEB app and desktop app NOT produced a PDF with header correct (the images are stretched along the file)
-on another PC windows server R12 WITH other pgm: WEB app NOT produced a PDF with header correct but the desktop app produced a PDF with header correct

What is the problem? Spire needs some prerequisite installed?

fabacher

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:36 am

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.
I have also received your email, please send your sample .xls file to us, so we can have a better investigation and provide the solution quickly.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue

Jane.Bai

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:37 am

Hello fabio,
Thank you for sharing the files via email.
I have reproduced part of your issue using version 7.9, since it is free version and we usually do not maintain our free version unless our Dev team have plenty of time, we recommend you using the latest Spire.XLS Pack Hotfix Version:7.12.27 to have a try. I have tried both mvc and winform NET4.5 with vs2012(no vs2017 installed) in R12, the results seem good on my side using the latest hotfix, so I assume it would help. If the issue still occurs after trying the hotfix, please provide some more details like the IIS settings and the architecture (32 / 64 bit).

Many Thanks,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Return to Spire.XLS