Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Hello,

Do you progress on optimizations ?

Thanks

VincentB

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:06 am

Dear VincentB,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I am afraid there is no update due to the complexity of the issue. I checked with our Dev team again, and knew we had already done the optimization by other tools. To do the optimization about your document, we need to adjust the substructure in our source code, so it might need more time, and it cannot be finished in short time. Anyhow, we will try our best to do the optimization. If there is any great progress, we will let you know.
We sincerely apologize for the the inconvenience caused by us and thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:05 am

Hello,

If you agree, we can identify the slowdown points in LoadFromFile ().
For that we would need a non-obfuscated version. (Sent by email or other)

At your disposal to advance on this critical point.
Thanks

VincentB

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:09 am

Dear VincentB,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry that I am afraid that we can't give you the non-obfuscated version as it is confidential. Regarding to the issue, there is no signification progress towards it, just reduce several seconds currently. Since the document contains lots of data, Spire.Xls needs to entirely unfold the data, and then manipulate the data, so the process will take more time, the process should be different with Excel. We will optimize the process step by step, one more thing, it is difficult to optimize this part to arrive at times equivalent to Excel as different mechanism.
Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello,

How does optimizations progress ?

Thanks

VincentB

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:23 am

Dear VincentB,

Thanks for your inquiry.
So sorry that there is still no significative progress. Once there is any good news, we will let you know.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-ieblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 am

Hello,

Thanks

VincentB

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:50 am

Dear VincentB,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry that there is still no progress. We will let you know as soon as there is any progress.
So sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:46 am

Hello,

Do you have make any progress to optimize LoadFormFile ?

Thanks

VincentB

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:56 am

Hi VincentB,

I am sorry that there is still no significative progress. We will inform you immediately once there is any good news.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Hello,

Thanks

VincentB

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:22 am

Dear VincentB,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry that currently there is no signification progress towards it, just reduce several seconds currently. And I am afraid it is very difficult to do more improvement due to its complexity at present. Anyway, our Dev team are continuing looking into it and check if there is any approach to do the improvement. We will keep you informed if there is any good news.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:42 am

Hi, it looks that LoadFromFile tooks so much time for files with many rows too.
My xlsx file is only 20 MB, but it has more than 500 000 rows in it.
When I open with MS Excel 2016, it opens for about 10 seconds. But the method LoadFromFile executes for more than minute and half on my machine with last version of Spire.Xls.
Even when I want to open file programatically and check something small in it, I have to wait this much time.
Is there something that can be done for faster file loading?

schernev

Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:25 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Regarding the LoadFromFile method of our component, it will only finish execution after all the data of the document is completely loaded. However, Microsoft Excel may use the lazy loading mechanism. That is to say, it only loads part of data before opening the document, and the remaining data is gradually loaded after the document is opened. So our Spire.XLS cannot be completely compared with Microsoft Excel in this aspect. Hope you can understand.

Meanwhile, please share your input document with us, then we will investigate whether the loading speed can be optimized. You could upload it to the DropBox or OneDrive and then share the download link with us. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.XLS