Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:00 pm

hi,

a couple of things. I am using FreeSpire.XLS v7.9.1

1) Will .ToEMFStream be added to this version (it is in the paid for version)?
2) I am currently using the SaveToEMFImage but
a) when I try ti immediately open the file that I have just saved I am told it is being used by another process. My code:
using (var wb = new Spire.Xls.Workbook())
{
wb.LoadFromStream(xlsStream);
var fileName = "test.emf";
wb.Worksheets[0].SavetoEMFImage(fileName, 2, 2, 8, 24, EmfType.EmfOnly);
using (var fs = File.Open(fileName,FileMode.Open))
{
useFileStream(fs);
}
}
but it errors as soon as I try the File.Open statement. What do I need to do to stop this.

AND b) It doesn't seem to save the full image (if I don't bother with the File.Open bit). I am trying to capture 7 rows , 23 columns. I get the first 2 rows in full, then the 3rd stops after the first 3 cells. Is this a limitation of the free version?

thanks
Phil
ADDENDUM: Even the first 2 rows aren't rendered correctly with alignment and merged cells. See attachment - top picture is what Spire.XLS produces. Bottom is an actual copy of the cells.
Attachments
Spire.png
Spire.png (39.24 KiB) Viewed 7866 times

phancey

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:22 am

Dear Phil,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry that currently we don't have plan to update/maintain the free version, we suggest you use the latest commercial Spire.XLS Pack Hotfix Version:7.11.59 which has improvement and new features. If there is still issue with the version, please provide us the input file for testing.

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks Betsy,

ok well that is better but still not quite right - it doesn't show the icon sets.
See attachment for test.xlsx and emf output.

On top of this - will this hotfix be applied to the free version? Or do I basically have to buy a license if I want something that works?!

regards
Phil
Attachments
testEMF.zip
(32.61 KiB) Downloaded 358 times

phancey

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:54 am

Dear Phil,

Thanks for the file.
I have noticed the icon issue and posted it to our Dev team, I will inform you when it is fixed.
In addition, sorry that the hotfix will not be applied to free version, it will be only applied to commercial version.
Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed May 03, 2017 7:35 am

Dear Phil,

Thanks for waiting.
Now the icon missing issue has been fixed in Spire.XLS Pack Hotfix Version:7.12.7, welcome to test it.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:02 am

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your patience.
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Xls 13.8.0 hotfix, which has fixed your issue SPIREXLS-722, please download from the following links and have a test.
Website: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-excel-for-net-now.html
Nuget: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.XLS/13.8.0

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.XLS