Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello,

I've just downloaded the Free Spire Barcode software and I'm trying to run the Visual Basic demo sample that E-ICEBLUE provided.

I have the barcode controls loaded in my Visual Studio toolbox and I have the Spire.BarCode DLL (4.0) referenced in my project.

My project is also targeting the 4.0 .Net Framework.

I have the sample Visual Basic code included which is referencing the BarCodeGenerator member:

Dim generator As New BarCodeGenerator(BarCodeControl

This member requires the Spire.Barcode namespace be declared at the top of my program.

However, when I type in 'Imports Spire.Barcode' at the top of my code, I get a red underline specifying an error. When I click on the error icon it states:

"Namespace or type specified in the Imports <import name> doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. ... Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member."

Can you shed any light on this issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

psanchez

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:38 am

Dear psanchez,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please make sure again the dlls you referenced match with the target .net framework of the project.
If the issue still exists, please provide us the dll information(e.g. Spire.Barcode V1.2.12.21040) and a target .net framework screenshot for showing the issue.

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.BarCode