Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:34 am

Good Day -

I am learning the model and want to change the font size only if it is larger than my threshhold. I am unable to determine the text frame's font size OR COLOR... unless there are different colors in the range. If everything is the same font or color, each time I am getting the NAN value. I have used shape.TextFrame.TextRange.Format.FontHeight. I've used the same for the master slide (thinking that it is inheriting from the master slide) and even the text frames for the master slide give me the NAN and always have 0 or the color despite changing the master slide text to all red. Where can I accurately read the font height and color for master slide and all other slide textframes?

aujenea

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:30 am

Dear aujenea,

Sorry for late reply as weekend.
I have noticed the font height issue and posted it to our Dev team. Once there is any progress, we will let you know.
About the color issue, please try to use following method to get the color of the text.
Code: Select all
Color color = shape.TextFrame.TextRange.Format.Fill.SolidColor.Color;

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:05 pm

HI Betsy -

Unfortunately, this does not work on the master slide for the color. I've used this exact code and it always returns black. I've manually changed the color to red or purple and it still returns black. I also changed it to a known color of "red" and it still returns black.

Any ideas?

aujenea

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:28 am

Dear aujenea,

Thanks for your feedback.
I have noticed the color issue for master slide, and I have posted it to our Dev team, and I will let you know once there is any progress. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi Betsy -

Has there been any progress on this? I'm anxious to purchase, but this is a deal breaker for me!
Thanks!

aujenea

aujenea

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:59 am

Hello,

Sorry that there is no any update, our Dev team is still fixing the issue, we will let you know once it is resolved, sorry for inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:14 am

Hello, has there been any resolution on this issue. If not, do you know if the development team is actively working on it and when they plan on releasing the fix? I'm so excited to use it.

Thanks!!

aujenea

Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:07 am

Hi aujenea,

By investigation, we found the inheritance relation of the style(master/layout/local and so on)for text is not specific. So I am afraid that the issue cannot be fixed in short time as its complexity. Once there is any great progress, we will let you know.
So sorry for inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi Betsy -

Has there been any update to this issue? If not, is there a cost to have a developer on your team to work on this feature?

Thank you!

aujenea

Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:15 am

Hello,

Sorry that I am afraid that there is still no any update due to complexity of the issue. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:51 pm

Hello.

I met a same issue, so is there any progress?

AdamShakhabov

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:16 am

Hello AdamShakhabov,

I am sorry to tell that there is no significant progress yet. Our dev team would keep looking into it. Once there’s any update, we will let you know. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:15 am

Hello AdamShakhabov, Aujenea,

Glad to inform you that the default font size and color could be obtained now, welcome to download the hotfix Spire.Presentation Pack Version:4.7 and use the following code to have a test.
Code: Select all
 Presentation ppt = new Presentation(filepath);
 var autoShape = (IAutoShape)ppt.Slides[0].Shapes[0];
 var fontHeight = autoShape.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].TextRanges[0].FontHeight;
 Color color = autoShape.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].TextRanges[0].DisplayFill.SolidColor.Color;

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:36 pm

1) Click on View, then on Master, then on Slide Master.
2) Click on the frame of the Title text box, if any, with the Four-Headed Arrow cursor
3) Click on Format, then on Font.
4) Change the color by clicking on the Down Arrow next to the black rectangle under Color:, then click on the color you want.

pollard84512

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:28 am

Dear Kireon,

Thank you for sharing solution of Microsoft PowerPoint. Our Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible API that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. If you encounter any questions when using our products, please feel free to contact us. Wish you a nice day!

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Return to Spire.Presentation