Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:07 pm

What formats are available to which the barcode can be saved? I see png is used in the example, Ideally I would like it as an SVG. Is this possible?

champagne_charly

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:15 am

Hello,

Spire.BarCode supports variable common image formats, such as Bitmap, JPG, PNG, EMF, TIFF, GIF and WMF. As you know, EMF and WMF are SVG format. So you can save barcodes as SVG using our product.
If you have any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Regards,
Benjamin
E-iceblue support team

Benjamin Du

Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:00 am

Hi Benjamin,

As the Sprire.Barcode Library uses the native .NET "Image.Save" method, where the EMF and WMF formats are saved incorrectly as PNG formats. How can you pretend that we are able to save the generated barcodes in vector formats using your Spire.BarCode library ? Unless you consider that the EMF/WMF generated format won't be vector graphics...

Thanks,
Florian

fpernisek

Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:28 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
If you want to save the image as EMF and WMF, please try to use the method Save(string filename, ImageFormat format), and set the ImageFormat.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:07 am

Hi Betsy,

Regarding what I said in my previous post, if you use the native Image.Save() method like the following:

ex:
System.Drawing.Image imgCreation;
Spire.Barcode.BarCodeGenerator gen = new Spire.Barcode.BarCodeGenerator(barCodeSpireSettings);
imgCreation = gen.GenerateImage();
imgCreation.Save("test.emf", ImageFormat.Emf)

Then the real image format saved in the test.emf file is PNG format. (same behavior using ImageFormat.Wmf)

Can you please then explain me how to generate vector graphics-based barecodes ?

Thanks in advance
Florian

fpernisek

Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:34 am

Dear Florian,

Thanks for your reply.
I have noticed this issue and posted it to our Dev team. Once there is any progress, we will inform you.
Sorry for inconvenience caused by the issue.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Return to Spire.BarCode