Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi,

We just purchased Spire.Doc Standard Edition, and Spire.Pdf Pro edition. During the process I can successfully generate PDF file converted from DOCX and the PDF watermark is removed. But the "Evaluation Warning : The document was created with Spire.Doc for .NET" remains. I have also tried to not convert to PDF and the same message appears.

Is there some kind of limitation with Spire.Doc standard that would cause the license to not be applied?

The licenses are applied in the Global.asax.cs file in the App_Start in the following manner:

Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("license.pdf.elic.xml");
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("license.doc.elic.xml");
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();

I have checked that the license files are in the BIN directory. Another thing I notice is that the Spire.Doc license was issues at version 5.5, while your site is already at 5.7, could this cause a problem with the license not being applied.

I also tried the hotfix, but this caused the Spire.License.LicenseProvider to not longer have the SetLicenseFilename function available.

Need some assist with this rather fast.

Vince

vincentblain

Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:03 am

Dear Vince,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Spire.Doc Standard Edition doesn't support the conversion feature, it is supported in Pro Edition. And the version v5.7 you mentioned is Pro version, the standard edition should be Spire.Doc for .NET Standard Edition Version:5.7.9. So you were using Pro edition, your license of Spire.Doc standard edition will not work for it.
Also, I noticed you want to use two products( Spire.Doc and Spire.PDF ) into same project, you need to use Spire.Office and then reference corresponding dlls from it. You can contact our sales team(sales@e-iceblue.com) to upgrade your license of the Spire.Doc standard Edition to Pro Edition. If there is any question, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi,

Ok, I see the problem. Now a follow up question. I have changed the code to not convert to PDF, and the word document still has the warning on it. So what would cause Spire.Doc for .Net Standard to not take the license. Is the standard version not able to handle table insert, and that is causing the problem with the license? Does Standard have some type of limitations? If so please list what they are, since I cannot find it on the site.

Thank you,

Vincent Blain

vincentblain

Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:18 am

Dear Vincent,

The products included in Spire.Office both are Pro version, so your license of Spire.Doc standard edition will not work for it.
Kindly note if you want to use two products( Spire.Doc and Spire.PDF ) into same project, you must use Spire.Office and then reference corresponding dlls from it.
Also I have tested your license of Spire.Doc standard edition with Spire.Doc for .NET Standard Edition Version:5.7.9, it works fine, there is no warning message, I suppose you were using Pro version, not standard version.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Is it possible to buy the Spire.Office, but pay the different of the current cost of what we spent on Spire.Doc standard, and Spire.Pdf. I get the issue, but don't want to end up with a cost on 2 license I cannot use.

Vincent Blain

vincentblain

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:52 am

Dear Vincent,

Sorry for late reply as weekend.
Yes, please contact our sales team(sales@e-iceblue.com). If there is any question, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Return to Spire.Doc