Spire.PDFViewer is a powerful PDF Viewer component for .NET. It allows developers to load PDF document from stream, file and byte array.

Tue May 31, 2016 2:43 pm

Is it possible to zoom by selecting two coordinates of a rectangle and displaying a PDF based off of the coordinates with a zoom level set to match it?

Regards,
Nathan Emler

nemler

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:16 am

Dear Nathan Emler,

Thanks for your posting.
Sorry that I am not sure your requirement. Could you please give us an example to describe it?

Thank you for further assistance.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:53 am

Amy,

Sorry for not being clear enough. I am developing in Winforms and needing to be able to zoom based on a rectangle. For example, you have an 22" x 34" PDF, which is very common for our company, and you want to view a rectangle with coordinates of (11,17)x(12x18) that 1" square. The user would click the two points for the window, or drag a window depending on how it is setup. Then the document is zoomed in and displayed based on those coordinates.

Please let me know if this explanation suffices.

Kind Regards,
Nathan Emler

nemler

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:14 am

Hello,

Thanks for this explanation. Sorry that our product can't achieve this.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:41 am

Is there any known workarounds for achieving this or is there a possibility for the product to have this feature added?

Looking at some other PDF Viewing controls they offer this capability but I would prefer to continue to use Spire if possible from how well it has been working for us so far aside from this missing feature.

Regards,
Nathan Emler

nemler

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:59 am

Dear Nathan Emler,

Thanks for your supporting.
We still have some uncertain options for the feature you want.
To help us know it clearly, would you please give us a sample shows the feature or share us a PDF Viewing control supports the feature? Thanks you.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:46 am

Amy,

Two products that I have evaluated that I know support Area Zooming (Zoom Window)(Zoom by Rectangle) are:
LeadTools
GdPicture

What would be nice code wise for it is to have a ZoomAreaMode like the Pan Mode where when the user inputs a rectangle by clicking on 2 points on the screen that it calculates the zoom level and then also locates the PDF by X,Y coordinate to display only the image within it. When the user clicks the first time it should start drawing a rectangle that grows/shrinks with mouse move and signifies the area that will be displayed when the second coordinate is clicked.

It would be possible to do now if we were able to specify the Pan Coordinates of the image. Then the math could be done to place the image at the appropriate zoom and x,y coordinate for the pan.

Hopefully if I didn't explain well you will be able to see from the two other vendors I have provided as they offer a free trial period for there controls.

Regards,
Nathan Emler

nemler

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:54 am

Dear Nathan Emler,

Thanks for your further information.
I tested Document Viewer.exe of GdPicture tool. Attached the steps regarding Zoom by Rectangle. Please check it and tell us if it is what you want.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Amy,

Sorry for the delay in the response but I was out of the office for a day and a half. I viewed your attachment, that is very close to what I am needing except if you tried the Area Zooming in Document Viewer.exe it would be exact. We would like to not have step number 3 but as soon as the rectangle is drawn it does the zoom to selection. If you could program it so it does the Area Selection and allow auto zooming and zoom to selection call that would be the best of both worlds.

Thank you very much for your help on this.

Best Regards,
Nathan Emler

nemler

Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:10 am

Dear Nathan,

Thanks for your reply.
We will investigate it further and update to you.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:26 am

Dear Nathan Emler,

I have added your requirement as new feature into our schedule. Our dev team is working on it. We will inform you when it is supported.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Any update on when this may become available? I have a project on hold currently waiting on this feature that would like to get in before end of year if possible. Thanks for any update.

Kind regards,
Nathan

nemler

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:36 am

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for posting.
Sorry that we cannot give you an ETA. Our Dev team is still working on this issue. And I have forward your time requirement to them. We will try our best to finish this feature, and let you know once there is any great progress.
We apologize for your inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.PDFViewer