Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:49 am

Hi All

This is my first post and am really hoping to get some help.

I have recently got a gentle man to create a program for me using vb.net. part of the program also includes generating barcodes.
the program works fine and generates the barcodes fine, the issue is that some of the scanners do not read the barcode.

we are using code 128 Auto. I do have original supplied barcodes and when I print the same digits as the original I notice that out program barcode is about 1-2mm wider, a few of the black lines are thicker.

I printed the same numbers using bartender and all of them are readable. I tried Code 128 C and it is Exactly the same problem, the only difference here is that the program barcode is 1-2mm smaller than the bartender generated barcode.

This problem is only with some straight line scanners.

I would have thought that the scanners are the problem, but the read the original barcodes, Bartender barcodes with absolutely no issue.

I am using an Argox OS214Plus printer.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
R

Rumallen

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:18 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry that I'm afraid that we can't provide any help on the compatible issue, but you can try to change the barcode with the following method.
Code: Select all
BarCodeSetting.DpiX = 215;
BarCodeSetting.DpiY = 475;

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Return to Spire.BarCode