Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:02 am

I am trying to upload an excel file that hits the database and fill the data from excel file to database. It is working fine on my local machine.
But when the code was deployed on the server it is throwing error The 'Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
Server is having iis5 ,64 bit machine and we can't make any change to the server setting. As my local desktop is having 32 bit , so I built my project under x86 platform but still I am getting the same error.

Please Help me on this ?

linda.masha

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:17 am

linda.masha wrote:I am trying to upload an excel file that hits the database and fill the data from excel file to database. It is working fine on my local machine.
But when the code was deployed on the server it is throwing error The 'Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
Server is having iis5 ,64 bit machine and we can't make any change to the server setting. As my local desktop is having 32 bit , so I built my project under x86 platform but still I am getting the same error.

Please Help me on this ?

How do you export data from excel file? It looks like you use Database to directly load the excel file (not Spire.XLS) and you don't install 'Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider in your server.
Spire.XLS does not need 'Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider.
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Return to Spire.XLS