Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi,

We are currently using SpirePDF 6.1.4 to print our PDF's on Ricoh and Lexmark printers.

I have been testing your latest version (6.10.9) and the documents are now printing incorrectly. The top and bottom margins seem to be shifted and the text at the top of the document is now cut off.

If I print the document using adobe, with Actual Size selected, the document prints correct.

This is the code I'm using to print:
Code: Select all
pdfDoc.PrintSettings.PrinterResolutionKind = PdfPrinterResolutionKind.High;
pdfDoc.PrintSettings.SelectSinglePageLayout(PdfSinglePageScalingMode.ActualSize);
pdfDoc.PrintSettings.Duplex = (System.Drawing.Printing.Duplex)(bCombineForDuplex ? 2 : 1);
pdfDoc.PrintSettings.Copies = NumberOfCopies;
pdfDoc.PrintSettings.PrintController = new System.Drawing.Printing.StandardPrintController();
pdfDoc.Print();

I've attached a sample you can test with.
We will have to stick with the old version until this can be fixed.

Thanks
AndyuG

andyg

Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:04 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I printed your file using Spire.PDF v6.10.9 and Adobe, and did observe that the margins of the printed results of our product are a little different from those of Adobe, but I did not found the top text is cut off. Attached are my print results using Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
To help us further investigate it, please provide your printed result for our reference. Also, please tell us your project target framework (e.g. .NET Framework 4.5) and OS information (e.g. Windows7, 64bit).
Or if there is something I didn’t notice, please help me to point it out. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

print results.zip

Elena.Zhang

Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Hi,

We print to Ricoh printers not to XPS files so I can't speak for the margins in those.
I've included a picture of two printed documents, the one on the left is printed using SpirePDF 6.1.4 and the one on the right is with 6.10.9.
They are printed on a Lexmark printer, but I get the same result on the Ricoh and the Xerox printers.

.Net: 4.6.1

Let me know if you need any more information
Thanks
AndyG

andyg

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:09 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Sorry we don’t have the same printer as yours, we are unable to fully simulate your scenario to reproduce your issue.
I used our physical printer (HP LaserJet P1007) to print your PDF and top text is still not cut off, attached is my print result. However, compared with Adobe's print result, the margins do look a little different.

Anyway, I will post this issue to our Dev team for further investigation. If there is any update, we will let you know.

In addition, to help us locate the cause more accurately and quickly , could you please print your PDF with Spire.PDF v6.3.0, v6.5.6, and v6.8.5 to see if the printed result is correct? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team
IMG_print.jpg

Elena.Zhang

Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Can you send me the versions you would like me to test with?
They don't seem to be available for download anymore and I don't have those versions.

Thanks
AndyG

andyg

Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:38 am

Hello,

Yes, these versions are no longer available on our website. You can install them directly via NuGet. Looking forward to your further test results.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi,

I tested the versions from 6.3.0 to 6.8.5 and the margin issue started in version 6.7.8.

Hope that helps.
Thanks
AndyG

andyg

Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:40 am

Hello,

Thanks for your assistance.
I have forwarded this information to our Dev team. We will keep you inform if there is any progress.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:36 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
Please try to visit this link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/Tem ... _7.3.5.zip
If it still doesn't work, please copy the link address and then paste it into your browser address bar to download.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team
Last edited by Elena.Zhang on Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elena.Zhang

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:18 am

Hi,

Thanks for the update I look forward to testing it.

The link you provided does not work so I can not download to test it.

Thanks
AndyG

andyg

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:49 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
Please try to visit this link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/Tem ... _7.3.5.zip
If it still doesn't work, plaese copy the link address and then paste it into your browser address bar to download.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:12 am

Hi Elena

I think I have the same problem.
The link works now, but the version 7.3.5 doesn't solve my issue.

If I use:
Code: Select all
doc.PrintSettings.SelectSinglePageLayout( Spire.Pdf.Print.PdfSinglePageScalingMode.ActualSize, true );

the document is correctly printed to the "Microsoft Print to PDF" (and if I print it then with Adobe the layout is also correct).

But if I print the document with Spire to my HP64BF92 (HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 series) instead, the margin of the top of the page is about 3mm too small.

I would be happy if you could check that again. Thank you.

Nexus_Schweiz

Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
I have forward this information you provided to our Dev team. We will continue to investigate this issue. If there is any update, we will inform you immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:54 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:7.10.0, which fixes the issue you reported. Please download the new version from the following links for testing.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
NuGet link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/7.10.0

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:01 pm

Hi,
I've had a chance to test this and I'm sorry to say it is still not correct. The margin has moved down too much now and the bottom text is cut off.

I've included a picture comparing prints from Spire PDF 4.12.7 and 7.10.0 so you can see the difference.

Thanks
AndyG

andyg

Return to Spire.PDF