Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:15 am

Hi,

I am trying to create a PDF converter to convert HTML pages to PDF's in a .net core solution, but seems like 'PdfHtmlLayoutFormat' is not supported yet!
Is there an indication when this will be available? or is there another workaround to it (since all examples point to using PdfHtmlLayoutFormat)?

Thanks.

ITSupport@medbank.com.mt

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:57 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry that our Spire.PDF doesn't support converting HTML to PDF on .NET Core at present and there is no other workaround for it. However, we have added it as a new feature into our upgrade list, but it is hard to tell you when the feature can be achieved at this moment. Our Dev team is working on it. Once it is available in the future, we will let you know.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:25 am

We are working on .Net core 3.0, For that version this PdfHtmlLayoutFormat is not supporting for me too.
Have you find the solution for this ?
Please let me know.

sudher

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:09 am

Hi sudher,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry that our published Spire.PDF doesn't support converting HTML to PDF on .NET Core at present.
Don't worry, we have implemented the new feature and will release new version of Spire.PDF with the feature soon. Once it is released, we will inform you.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:32 am

Thanks for your kind information.

sudher

Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:26 am

Hi, I need your services for our ASP .NET Core application. Mainly for PDF, XLS and Spreadsheet if there is any possible way. It is very urgent let me know ASAP.

sudher

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:27 am

Hi sudher,

We just release Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:5.8.2 which supports converting HTML to PDF with plugin on .NET Core.
Our website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
NuGet link:https: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/

Please refer to following tutorials to convert HTML to PDF with plugin:
https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spi ... lugin.html

As for Spire.XLS, we already supported .NET Core. Now the latest version is Spire.XLS Pack Version:9.7, you could download it and have a try.
As for Spire.Spreedsheet, sorry that it cannot be used in ASP.NET Core web application.
Note, if you want to use more Spire products in one project, you need to use Spire.Office. Now we don't include the new Spire.PDF in Spire.Office. If you need Spire.Office, please let me know. We will inform you once Spire.Office includes the new feature.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:31 pm

I am in need of getting an multiple URL output one by one in a single page for multiple input URL which i have given.
I am getting an output in a single pages from the Spire.PDF which you have given to me.

sudher

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:15 am

Hi sudher,

Thanks for your information.
After convertting multiple URL to multiple PDFs, you want to merge them into one PDF, right?
If so, please refer to following guide to merge PDFs.
https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spi ... -in-C.html

If I misunderstood, please provide detailed information for further investigation.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:28 am

Thanks, We did this and some times "System.IndexOutOfRangeException: 'Index was outside the bounds of the array.' " error was shown. Once rebuild the application is working well.

sudher

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:41 am

Hi sudher,

Glad to hear your issue is solved.
If there is any question, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:53 am

In our MVC application, we used spire pdf successfully but currently, I am using .Net core 5.0 and I have downloaded a version(7.8.9) of dll and using this dll I am trying to generate PDF from html. But getting below error.
1. The type or namespace name 'PdfHtmlLayoutFormat' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
2. CS1061 'PdfDocument' does not contain a definition for 'LoadFromHTML' and no accessible extension method 'LoadFromHTML' accepting a first argument of type 'PdfDocument' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Can you please guide me?

sajalntoo

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:11 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

First, the "PdfHtmlLayoutFormat" class need to import Spire.Pdf.HtmlConverter namespace. Please add "using Spire.Pdf.HtmlConverter;" in your using imports.

For the second issue. Our LoadFromHTML method does not have a first argument of type 'PdfDocument', as the following screenshot shows, you need to pass a string which include HTML code or your HTML URL as the first argument. Hope you can understand.
LoadFormFile.png

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:36 am

Hi,

I am trying to use the Convert an HTML String to PDF Without Plugin feature in .Net 6
However, I am having the same issue where the PdfHtmlLayoutFormat is not recognised, even with the import of Spire.Pdf.HtmlConverter namespace.
PdfDocument.LoadFromHTML() is also not available to call.
The version I am using is 8.11.2
Any guidance would be appreciated.

peter_schrole

Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:55 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sorry that Spire.PDF doesn't support converting HTML to PDF without plugin on .NET Core at present. You can use plugin to converting HTML to PDF on .NET Core. You can refer to help document according to the following link.

https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spi ... lugin.html

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Return to Spire.PDF