Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:02 am

Hello, I am wondering of some can help me out with 2D barcode using PDF417. I need to create a barcode with very specific requirements.
- The final size of the barcode cannot exceed 1.5" x 3.07", but at the same time, we should try to maximum the barcode to fill up this space.
- Single Rectangle size should be minimum 10mils (i.e. 0.01"), but if possible (i.e. there is extra space left), make it larger, but not to increased to 15mils.
- Rectangle ration should be 2:1 (width twice the height)
- Error correction level = 4
- Something I am not sure what it means "ensure pixel shaving is always turned on."
- Text to be encoded will contain anywhere between 500 and 1337 characters. If it cannot fit in the size specified above, then I need to break it into barcodes using Macro PDF417.

I played around myself with CSharp demo, but I can't get a hang of what the coordinate system is. How each parameter effects the barcode size.

Can someone help me out with this? If I am asking too much, can someone just explain to me how what are the units for X and Y parameters. XYRation parameter does not seem to work for me. Finally, at least is there a specification for this library where it is explained?

Thank you in advance,

Michael

midexsoftware

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:47 am

Hi Michael,

When code area is 400x400pixels, BarcodeSettings.X or Y parameter should be 400*0.013f. I have forwarded XYRation parameter issue to our dev team. We will tell you when it is resolved.
Sorry that at present there is no specification for Spire.Barcode library where it is explained. We will do it and tell you when it is done.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.BarCode