Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:44 pm

Hi there,
I am converting a PDF to Excel and needed this line so the pdf wouldn't become an image in excel.
Code: Select all
   pdf.ConvertOptions.SetPdfToXlsxOptions(PdfToXlsxLayout.Line);

I recently switched over to Spire.Office, which doesn't have it.
Additionally, the newest version of spire.PDF doesn't have it either.

What can I use instead?

Thanks!

BlueSky23

Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:00 am

Hello BlueSky23,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have made some adjustments in our latest product packages. Please refer to my code below to do the setting. If there are any other problems after testing, to facilitate our further investigation, please provide us with your input document. You can attach it here or send it via email(support@e-iceblue.com).
Code: Select all
            PdfDocument pdf = new PdfDocument();
            pdf.LoadFromFile(@"PdfToExcel.pdf");
            XlsxLineLayoutOptions xlsxLineLayoutOptions = new XlsxLineLayoutOptions(true, true, true);
            pdf.ConvertOptions.SetPdfToXlsxOptions(xlsxLineLayoutOptions);
            pdf.SaveToFile(@"result.xlsx", Spire.Pdf.FileFormat.XLSX);

Sincerely,
Simple
E-iceblue support team

Simple.Li

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:23 pm

Thank you for the quick response!
I realized that I am using the free version of Spire.Office.
Do you know when that will be updated?

BlueSky23

Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:49 am

Hello BlueSky23,

Thanks for your feedback.
Our latest version Free Spire.Office for .NET (HotFix) Version:7.7.1 also has this update. However our FreeSpire.Office has page limitation for the Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF documents. For PDF files, PDF free version is limited to 10 pages of PDF. This limitation is enforced during loading and creating files. When converting PDF to Excel, only the first 3 pages of PDF files will be converted to Image format successfully. If your document exceeds the limitation, you can upgrade to use our commercial version (Spire.Office Platinum(Hotfix) Version:7.9.0). We are willing to provide a temporary license (one month free) of Spire.Office for .NET to help you remove the warning message and evaluate our commercial version better. If you need it, please feel free to write back.

Sincerely,
Simple
E-iceblue support team

Simple.Li

Return to Spire.PDF