Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:50 pm

My project: .NET 4.0 framework, web application, visual basic, region Norway

Use Spire.Doc to produce final PDF/DOCX documents based on DOCX templates with MERGEFIELD. Used version v7.1.0 for some years with almost no problems. The v7.1.0 is not capable to produce correct HTML versions, so I started to test v9.3.6. on local machine and both HTML and PDF worked perfect. Publishing for production on IIS server the HTML still works perfect but now the PDF productions throws an exception with a specific error.

The latest version which works in production on IIS server in my case, is version v8.6.3. and it serves my needs. So some changes has been included in v8.7.5 which introduces exception which breaks the PDF production. All later versions including the latest v9.4.1 (2 days ago) do not work.

Attached som images wich shows the exception information running Visual Studio Remote Debugging attaching process on IIS server. So have attached 2 images where the first shows exception thrown when it fails on newer versions (v9.3.6). The second images also shows an exception after production of PDF (v.8.6.3), but the pdf stream is returned correct to response.

krhyll

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

In order to help us reproduce and solve your issue quickly and efficiently, please provide us with your complete testing code (better the whole runnable project), your input file (if any), the system information (E.g. Win7, 64 bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese) of IIS deploying for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:53 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well!

How is the issue now? If it still exists, could you please provide us with your complete testing code (better the whole runnable project), your input file (if any), the system information (E.g. Win7, 64 bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese) of IIS deploying for reference?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.Doc