Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:16 pm

I am using the latest free version for java and when i convert to pdf/a the fonts contained inside the pdf are not replaced correctly and the content is lost. While using online converters i found that they are successfully converted and don't embed the fonts at all (type 3 fonts) and are still valid but using the conversion from spire does not have the same results, the fonts are embeded (or at least attempted to) but the text is unreadable.

Is there any way to convert a pdf with type 3 fonts to pdf/a and mantain the text of the pdf?

Ps. I tried the demo version for the licensed version for spire pdf for java and got the same results.

mpjaps2709

Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:04 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I used the latest Spire.PDF for Java Version:9.3.6 to do a test with your PDF file, but didn't reproduce your issue. I could get a PDFA3A file with complete content, attached my converted PDFA3A file.
Please have a try with version 9.3.6 if you have not tried. Looking forward to your feedback.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:36 pm

I tried with the latest free version 5.1.0 as well as the demo version of the licensed version on the website and both generated the same result as my original post.

Code: Select all
PdfDocument pdfDocument = new PdfDocument();
pdfDocument.loadFromFile(inputFile);
pdfDocument.getDocumentInformation().setTitle("test pdf");
pdfDocument.getDocumentInformation().setCreationDate(new Date());
pdfDocument.getDocumentInformation().setModificationDate(new Date());
pdfDocument.saveToFile(outputFolder);
pdfDocument.close();
PdfStandardsConverter converter = new PdfStandardsConverter(fileName);
converter.toPdfA3A(outputFolder);

mpjaps2709

Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:27 am

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I was able to replicate your issue using the Free version 5.1.0, but I have verified your document and code with the latest version(Spire.PDF for Java Version:9.3.6) and found that the content is complete. Please try using the latest version.

To help you evaluate our product without any watermarks or restrictions, we would like to provide you with a one-month temporary license. You can enter this link https://www.e-iceblue.com/TemLicense.html to apply.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:14 am

Is the fix planned to be patched to the free version as well? at the moment its not usable due to this situation.

mpjaps2709

Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:43 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

We will update to the free version in the future. But the updates for the free version will not be regular, and we cannot provide a specific time for releasing new versions. We hope you can understand.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.PDF