Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 pm

I have a pdf generated from a word doc which uses wingding 2 symbol font for a checkbox. When displayed on a windows machine it displays properly, when displayed on apple/android device it displays as an S. Attaching the pdf, if you need the word doc let me know. Note that the pdf seems to include embedded fonts, but it includes one for wingdings 2 and one for wingdings2 (no space). Not sure if that is related or not. In the word doc the font was wingdings 2 (with space).

I posted this in the Spire.pdf forum by mistake, although I'm unsure which piece is responsible.

ronblagrone

Thu May 18, 2017 6:13 am

Dear ronblagrone,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I checked the PDF you provided, and found the font of the checkbox is non-Embedded font:wingdings2. So I guess the issue is that the apple/android device doesn't have that font. Please try to embed all fonts when converting to PDF.
https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spi ... o-PDF.html
If the issue still exists, please provide following information for investigation.
1)input Word document and the code you were using
2)the reader on apple/android device you used to disply the result PDF
3)the OS informtion of the computer used to generated the PDF.

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue May 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Thanks Betsy. That was my problem. Seems to be working now.

ronblagrone

Wed May 24, 2017 1:54 am

Dear ronblagrone,

Thanks for your feedback.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any question.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Doc