Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi!

Were using the code example from this article "How to Compress PDF Images in C#, VB.NET", our goal is to reduce the size of the PDF/PDFS:

1. Can I somehow find out if a PDF is suitable for doing this (if it contains images i.ex), so I can determine to use compression or not?

2. We have problems with PDF from Adobe photoshop CS5 windows - "Adobe photoshop for Windows -- Image Conversion Plug-in", PDF version: 1.5

If we use code in the example and then try to open the outputfile, we get an error in acrobat reader: "There was a problem reading this document (15)"

Can you please help us?

Regards,
Tommy Larsson
Björn Lundén AB

di97lato

Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:03 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the late reply as weekend.
Below are an answers to your questions.
1) You could determine whether the document contains images based on whether the page.ImagesInfo is null. However, please note that the TryCompressImage method is designed to compress PDF that contains multiple high quality images, it means that not all PDF documents can be compressed. And the compression depends on the content and structure of your PDF. I'm sorry there is no suitable way for you to judge if the TryCompressImage will take effect for your document.

2) Could you please provide your input PDF document to help us investigate your issue quickly and accurately? You could attach it here or send to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincrely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:39 am

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your document.
I have reproduced the issue you mentioned and logged the issue into our Bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDF-3101. Once it is resolved or there is any update, I will inform you immediately.
Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:36 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patient waiting.
I am writing to inform you the SPIREPDF-3101 has been resolved, please download the hotfix (Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:7.4.5) from the following link.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-pdf-for-net-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/7.4.5

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Return to Spire.PDF