Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi, is it possible for the free library to output a pdf/a-1b which, when opens in a reader (like adobe DC), the status is shown as Verified rather than "not yet verified"? THe pdfa file does claim compliance but I am wondering if I can actually have the file verified.

I create the pdf/a-1b from a pdf with simple annotations on the first page as follows:

Code: Select all
  Dim PDFADocument As New Spire.Pdf.PdfNewDocument
  PDFADocument.Conformance = Spire.Pdf.PdfConformanceLevel.Pdf_A1B
  Dim Temp As New Spire.Pdf.PdfDocument(input_pdf)
  Temp.Pages.Add()
  Dim annotationsWidget As Spire.Pdf.Annotations.PdfAnnotationCollection = Temp.Pages(0).AnnotationsWidget

For i As Integer = 0 To annotationsWidget.Count - 1
         Dim annotation As Spire.Pdf.Annotations.PdfAnnotation = annotationsWidget(i)
         If TypeOf annotation Is Spire.Pdf.Annotations.PdfLineAnnotationWidget Then
                 Dim line As Spire.Pdf.Annotations.PdfLineAnnotationWidget = TryCast(annotation, Spire.Pdf.Annotations.PdfLineAnnotationWidget)
                 Temp.Pages(1).AnnotationsWidget.Add(line)
         End If
  Next

Dim page As Spire.Pdf.PdfPageBase = Temp.Pages.Item(0)
  Dim size As SizeF = page.Size
  Dim p As Spire.Pdf.PdfPageBase = PDFADocument.Pages.Add(size, New Spire.Pdf.Graphics.PdfMargins(0))
  page.CreateTemplate().Draw(p, 0, 0)

If annotationsWidget.Count <> 0 Then
         PDFADocument.Pages(0).AnnotationsWidget.Add(annotationsWidget.List(0))
         PDFADocument.Pages(0).AnnotationsWidget.List(0).Flags = 28
  End If

PDFADocument.Save(output_pdf)
  PDFADocument.Dispose()

ryanm

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:29 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
After testing your case with Free Spire.PDF for .NET Version:5.10, I didn't notice the issue you mentioned. The status showed "not yet verified" both in Adobe Reader XI or DC. Please make sure you use the correct version.
If you still have the issue, please provide following information for further investigation:
1. The input PDF
2. The output you got
3. The screenshot of the status in your reader

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi,

I was actually asking the opposite: I was wondering if Free Spire.PDF can produce a PDF/A-1b that shows as "Verified." My documents also show "not yet verified."

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

ryanm

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:07 am

Hi,

Sorry for my misunderstand.
I have posted your requirement to our Dev team. We will do a further investigation and let you know once there is any update.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:06 am

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.
Regarding the issue with the state "Verified", after further investigation, I regret to say our product cannot change it, as the Validation function is the function of Adobe tool, and it is not the attribute of PDF files.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.PDF